Located minutes from Boulder, CO, in the charming community of Louisville, Avista Adventist Hospital is a comprehensive medical center that provides a full-range of medical specialties and exceptional health care to residents of Louisville, Broomfield and the surrounding Boulder area communities. With 114-beds, this full-service facility has been honored for excellence in cardiac, mom/baby and emergency care. It is also home to one of the area’s top joint and spine care centers specializing in hip and knee replacement, as well as spine surgery. Avista is proud to be recognized for its award-winning New Life Center, the area's most innovative birth center and large Neonatal Intensive Care Nursery. In 2013, Avista was named among the Top 100 Hospitals for Patient Experience by Women Certified® (womencertified.com) for quality physician communications, nurse/staff responsiveness, superior cleanliness and referrals by other women. With some of the lowest turnover and highest associate satisfaction scores in the industry, Avista Adventist Hospital has an excellent local reputation for its supportive culture, visionary leadership, strong team and daily living of what it means to truly care for the whole person – body, mind and spirit.
Responsible for coordination and direction of prompt, efficient “patient flow” through the patient care delivery services of the hospital by providing a communication link with patient registration / bed control and the nursing units. Serves as clinical (expert) resource person in delivery and supervision of direct and indirect care processes. Provides competent leadership and direction for all hospital Cor –Zero’s and/or crisis management. Serves as agent for department and hospital executives when they are not present and reports concerns and events to the designated administration person on call.
• BSN required
• MSN or Master’s Degree in related field preferred
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• 2 year critical care experience preferred
• Prior experience in coaching, mentoring and leadership skills. Knowledgeable of JCAHO standards
• Able to effectively manage through a JCAHO/state survey and be familiar with the regulatory requirements expected
• Nursing leadership experience required. Minimum five years of relevant hospital nursing experience preferred
• Progressive nursing in an acute care setting with diversified clinical knowledge
• Experience must be within the last three years. Management/supervisory ability demonstrated
• Must be qualified by continuous and ongoing education and experience to apply leadership direction, assessment and problem solving to assist nursing and all ancillary/support services in the care of the neonate to adult population
• Current Colorado Nursing License
• RN License
• PALS or ENPC Certification
• Current BLS certification required from American Heart Association
• ACLS Certification
• Certification in Clinical Specialty or Nursing Administration preferred
Medium Work - exert/lift up to 50 lbs. force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. constantly.
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Find your ideal career at Centura Health! With 16 hospitals, physician clinics, hospice services, home care and senior living communities, Centura Health's vast network of care spans Colorado and Western Kansas so you can experience a balanced lifestyle and enjoy a fulfilling career anywhere you want to work, live and play in Colorado. From the fast pace of a Denver-area Level 1 Trauma Center to a... smaller rural or mountain hospital – we proudly offer a more diverse range of work settings and locations than any other health care employer in the state. Centura is an equal opportunity employer.