As an RN: Performs the primary functions of an RN in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the care of all assigned patients of the unit during his/her shift. Is responsible for meeting the established Cardiovascular Lab standards of nursing practice, for managing all assigned personnel, supplies and equipment on the department, and for promoting teamwork with physicians and personnel of other departments. Is able to function independently with only occasional or limited supervision. Assists with education of staff in other departments as to the care of the cardiovascular patient.
As a Tech: Provide highly technical professional care to patients undergoing various diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in the Cardiac Catheterization/Special Procedures Lab. Assist physicians in the performance of those procedures and in the operation of technical equipment utilized during all procedures. Prepares room and equipment, instructs patients, monitors patient's condition, and provides routine and emergency patient care during procedures. Must be able to function with minimal supervision. Is aware of and contributes to the positive atmosphere of the department. The Tech is accountable for providing 24-hour coverage when on call to ensure timely and appropriate patient care interventions. Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Works within a team environment with individuals having similar abilities and responsibilities.
2. Handles emergency situations during high-risk procedures with calm professional demeanor.
3. Demonstrates good communication skills and ability to teach patients while providing a calming effect with patients and families.
4. Functions in the role of scrub, circulator or monitor technician on a rotating basis. Completes all functions of each role with regard to patient safety and adherence to infection control practices.
5. Participates in "on-call" responsibilities and responds when required within 30 minutes.
6. Demonstrates knowledge and competence in basic invasive cardiovascular technology.
7. Prepares and operates sophisticated radiographic equipment including x-ray table, camera, video recorders, ultrasound machine and pressure injectors safely.
8. Assists with quality assurance or performance projects as directed.
9. Assists with determining educational needs of the staff. Communicates with the Manager and assists in the development and training of fellow staff members.
10. Models the principles of a Just Culture.
11. Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.