POSITION PURPOSE: Two to three sentences describing the overall purpose of the position.
The Care Technician performs patient care in support of the rest of the care team. Often is the first point-of-contact for the patient and the one who is available for regular check-in with the patient. This role is important in relaying information between the patient and the provider.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Maximum of ten functions in order of percentage of time spent on functions from longest to shortest; do not list anything that does not represent at least 10% of the jobâ™s time. Please include supervisory responsibilities.
1. Assists with and performs patient care including collection of patient information, accurate reading and documentation of vital signs, and recording input and output activities and treatments on the EMR.
2. Responsible for coordination of the daily patient flow and schedule in order to optimize patient care, safety and satisfaction - includes preparing rooms for exams and procedures.
3. Demonstrates the ability to work with providers by accurately receiving and implementing instructions and orders.
4. Demonstrates clinical knowledge in all patient types and age groups to meet patient care needs/outcomes within the practice.
5. Performs various office procedures such as scheduling, admitting, and discharging of patients.
6. Maintains diagnostic and medication logs as required by policy. Documents patient care services accurately in patient and department records.
7. Protects patients and employees by assisting in maintaining a clean, safe working environment, and adhering to infection control policies and protocols.
8. Displays cultural competency and ability to work with diverse patient populations.
9. Assists in maintain a clean, safe patient care environment. Assists in cleaning Preop/PACU rooms, equipment, and maintains cleanliness of areas around patient areas.
10. Accurately documents and collects data such as vital signs and PreOp checklist information.
11. May be requested to assist in registration, scheduling, time of service collections, and insurance verification as needed.
12. Role models the principles of a Just Culture.
13. Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or Medical Assistant (MA) in State of Colorado required.
Basic Life Support (BLS) by American Heart Association required.
Computer / Typing:
Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.