POSITION PURPOSE: Two to three sentences describing the overall purpose of the position.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Decision Support and Budget, provide overall management, support, and integrity of all available modules of the financial Decision Support System. Demonstrates critical thinking and the ability to work independently, producing accurate and timely work. Demonstrates advanced computer skills with databases, Excel, and in working with decision support systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Maximum of ten functions in order of percentage of time spent on functions from longest to shortest; do not list anything that does not represent at least 10% of the jobâ??s time. Please include supervisory responsibilities.
1. Provide overall management, support, integrity and utilization of all available modules of the financial Decision Support system. Analyzes and guides the organization in appropriately and effectively managing cost, and increasing revenue through the generation and interpretation of accurate clinical and financial data.
2. Maintains accurate and current system control/mapping information in coordination with the Information System department.
3. Develops, analyzes, and executes operational budget. Manages the organization's budget, prepares all documentation and conducts training sessions for managers and directors regarding new budget procedures. Analyzes and reviews manager and directorâ??s submissions of the operational and financial proposals to assure they are complete, and accurate
4. Generates monthly financial updates to the current cost accounting structure, to determine the most current indirect and direct cost by cost component for encounter data by service item, procedure, and physician data.
5. Updates the general ledger structure and financial report parameters to accommodate any change in cost/revenue centers and organization accounting changes.
6. Conducts operational & financial projects on new and existing programs, services, and markets.
7. Updates monthly statistics and employee utilization data required to generate responsibility reports.
8. Role models the principles of a Just Culture.
9. Performs other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Two - five yearsâ?? experience within a health care setting.
Computer / Typing:
Advanced knowledge and skills with databases, Excel, and in working with decision support systems.
Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.