Centura Health connects individuals, families and neighborhoods across Colorado and western Kansas with more than 21,000 of the most talented hearts and minds in medicine.
Through Centura Health’s 17 hospitals, two senior living communities, health neighborhoods, physician clinics, Flight for Life® Colorado, home care and hospice services, we offer a diverse range of work settings in a Colorado or Kansas community you will love to call home.
Enjoy amazing people, competitive pay, some of the best benefits in the industry and plenty of opportunity for professional growth and development.
If you’re ready to discover the difference of working for a fully-integrated health system with a non-profit, faith-based mission to care, we look forward to receiving your application.
Assist pharmacists in promoting an organized and functional pharmacy service. Prepares medications for dispensing and maintains records.
Minimum Education Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum Experience Requirements
• 1 year hospital pharmacy experience (completion of an Accredited Technician training course may substitute for experience)
• Working knowledge of computer systems.
Position Duties (* denotes an essential functions of the position)
• Alerts pharmacy director, coordinator, clinical coordinator, or pharmacist of immediate problems requiring corrective action in a timely manner. *
• Screens nursing and physician inquiries and phone calls by directing to appropriate pharmacist to ensure accurate and timely communication. *
• Performs special projects, including the training of new technicians and overseeing their activities, and other activities as assigned to increase and improve level of service, skill level, and productivity. *
• Attains professional growth by attending or participating in a minimum of 10 hours of continuing education annually.*
• Maintains patient and other records using pharmacy computers and manual systems to ensure timely and accurate patient billings and compliance with regulatory agencies. *
• Facilitates maintenance of adequate supplies by logging needs in Want book. *
• Accurately and in a timely manner fills unit dose cart, floor stock, medication orders, and delivers to patient care areas to ensure availability of ordered drugs and supplies. *
• Is knowledgeable in the use and stocking of automated medication cabinets. *
• Accurately and in a timely manner, prepares prescriptions for pharmacist review and dispensing. *
• Accurately compounds specialty items. *
• Pre-packages and labels bulk medications for unit dose / unit of use dispensing with computer and associated equipment. *
• Checks floor stock and / or pharmacy stock for outdates, overstock, and proper storage on a monthly basis to ensure the use of high quality medications. *
• Maintains cost effective inventory of bulk items, utilizing soon to expire items quickly, and decreasing overstock of inventory.*
• Demonstrates technical skill level in utilizing a variety of pharmaceutical competencies including, but not limited to, calculations, aseptic technique and cytotoxic drug properties.*
Light Work - exert/lift up to 20 lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs frequently
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Find your ideal career at Centura Health! With 16 hospitals, physician clinics, hospice services, home care and senior living communities, Centura Health's vast network of care spans Colorado and Western Kansas so you can experience a balanced lifestyle and enjoy a fulfilling career anywhere you want to work, live and play in Colorado. From the fast pace of a Denver-area Level 1 Trauma Center to a... smaller rural or mountain hospital – we proudly offer a more diverse range of work settings and locations than any other health care employer in the state. Centura is an equal opportunity employer.