Job Code: 00322-27828
· Responsible for overseeing the cleaning, decontamination, assembly, packaging and sterilization of all surgical instrumentation and reusable supply items as well as the preparation of the case carts.
· Manages the processing, storage and distribution of processed sterile supplies and equipment.
· Oversees department's daily operation.
· Monitors the surgery case schedule and ensures instruments, equipment and Case Carts are ready when needed.
· Ensures that all requirements are met regarding the sterilization of equipment.
· Responsible for meeting all requirements and needs for instrumentation and equipment established by physicians, surgeons and others.
· Assesses departmental processes and develops plans to improve processes as needed. Supervises the departmental staff.
· Conducts in-service education programs for staff members as necessary and on a routine basis.
· Ensures that employees are properly trained in all aspects of sterile processing and the preparation of Case Carts.
· Evaluates employee performance and makes recommendations to improve performance.
· Works on various projects as assigned.
Education: Graduation from an approved school of nursing or graduation from an accredited program for Surgical Technicians
Experience: Three (3) years hospital experience with a minimum of two years supervisory and/or management experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required: Certified Operating Room Technician or Certified Central Processing Technician.
If applying as an RN: Possession of a valid temporary or permanent license issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse prior to entrance on duty. Permanent license must be obtained within 3 months of appointment.
Last Edited: 11/16/2017
Apply for this job