Located at Platte Valley Medical Center, the Pharmacy Technician works under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist and is responsible for:
· Complete and accurate charging of all pharmacy items (inpatient and outpatient). Corrects any mistakes regardless of reason or result.
· Accurately restocks all patient service areas and Pyxis machines with all medication used according to the stocking list. Follows up on all exceptions to an appropriate end result.
· Performs monthly inventory to remove outdates from Pyxis machines and pharmacy. Handles return of outdates and overstock.
· Performs monthly checks for outdates on all Code Blue carts throughout the hospital.
· Maintains an adequate inventory for week-to-week use.
· Accurately receives all merchandise in a timely manner. Checks in merchandise, checks bid prices, stores inventory in correct place.
· Completes all purchase orders weekly and in a timely manner. Willingly performs pharmacy clerk functions in a timely and accurate fashion.
· Completes special assigned tasks in a timely manner and helps to complete tasks for the pharmacist as requested.
· Accurately completes the narcotic distribution process checking for outdates using established procedures and completing required documentation. Notifies a pharmacist of any issues relating to controlled substance accountability. Is able to demonstrate the appropriate use of the C-II safe as a super user.
A high school diploma or G.E.D. (students are an exception). Must be a Certified Pharmacist Technician.
We reveal and foster God's healing love by improving the health of the people and communities we serve, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Inspired by our faith,
•We will be distinguished as the premier person-centered health system and trusted partner.
•We will share accountability with clinicians and other stakeholders to coordinate care across all settin...gs and improve access, quality, health outcomes, and affordability.
•We will grow as community-based health networks to serve more people in partnerships with others who share our vision and values.
Caring Spirit - We honor the sacred dignity of each person.
Excellence - We set and surpass high standards.
Good Humor - We create joyful and welcoming environments.
Integrity - We do the right thing with openness and pride.
Safety - We deliver care that seeks to eliminate all harm for patients and associates.
Stewardship - We are accountable for the resources entrusted to us.