We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Summary – High Level Disinfection Coordinator
Assist the Sterile Processing Manager in partnership with Infection Control to coordinate the activities of cleaning and disinfection of equipment. Designs and implements enterprise wide HLD education program. Develops and implements curriculum for high level disinfection as wells as low level cleaning and disinfection of equipment. Responsible for development of policy and guidelines as it pertains to cleaning and disinfection of equipment. Responsible for development and maintenance of documented competency of staff.
· Coordinates all activities of high level disinfection program including resource development and development of criteria that each department must follow related to high level disinfection reprocessing.
· Analyzes and makes changes to program in accordance to evidenced based guidelines and manufacturer's instructions.
· Leads and facilitates site teams who are performing cleaning and disinfection to assess needs, analyze gaps, and design and advance educational programs that promote leading practice and standardization of high level disinfection reprocessing.
· Uses prioritization to develop and deliver appropriate educational programs.
· Coordinates process improvement initiatives/teams related to high level disinfection. Identifies opportunities for improvement, makes recommendations for change, and leads implementation of the needed change to ensure leading practice is followed.
· Promotes cross-departmental collaboration, communication, and performance improvement as a means to achieving cost-effective high quality care.
· Evaluates staff competency for cleaning and high level disinfection. Collaborates with reprocessing champions to ensure proper care, cleaning, handling and preparation of items that need high level disinfection.
· Communicates gaps/barriers in cleaning and disinfection process as appropriate to key leaders and meet individually with providers and staff to assist with problem-solving and facilitate improvement strategies to address barriers/gaps.
· Conduct reviews/audits and tracers and updates competency, policies and procedures and guidelines related to cleaning and disinfection. Reports directly to Sterile Processing Manager.
· Oversees surveillance cultures (i.e. ATP testing) as needed for instruments/equipment related to high level disinfection.
Minimum of 3 years' experience in High Level Disinfection and/or Sterile Processing Experience
Associate's degree, Bachelor's degree preferred
Working knowledge of Joint commission standards, CDC, AAMI guidelines, SGNA, Local, state and federal guidelines related to cleaning and reprocessing
IAHCSMM (sterile processing certification)
CFER (Flexible endoscope reprocessor)
CRCST (sterile processing certification)
Due to Point of Care Testing duties associated with this position, upon hire, a copy of highest level of education (diploma, degree, or transcripts) would be required to present to the hiring manager. If this is available to you at this time, please attach it with your resume in one document.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you pla...ce on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.