Graduated from an Accredited School of Nursing (NLNAC or CCN
Requisition # 70224
· Registered Nurse (RN) - BMT Infusion Clinic
· UCHealth - Aurora Teaching Hospital
· Full-Time, 72 hours per pay period
· Friday, Saturday, and Sunday Day Shift
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Summary - Bone Marrow Transplant Infusion RN
The Bone Marrow Infusion RN provides direct patient care in a fast paced infusion center to patients with blood cancer. This includes but is not limited to chemotherapy infusions, supportive care for bone marrow transplant patients and urgent care services for this patient population. Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail are extremely important. This position is full-time, 4 days per week, 9 hours shifts.
The RN provides direct patient care using the nursing process in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
· Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
· Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
· Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
· Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances. Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel.
· May precept student nurses and new hires
· Graduate of an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing program if less than 3 years experience. BSNis required for new hires or to be attained within three years of acceptance of the position.
· A minimum 6 months relevant acute care nursing experience.
· License to practice Nursing in the State of Colorado
· BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
· At least one year of oncology experience
· At least one year of critical care experience
· Able to work full-time, day shift, 3 days/week (36 hours/week)
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state's largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we're able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients' lives.
Join Us. Together We Improve lives.
The UCHealth system recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you pla...ce on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.