· University of Colorado Teaching Hospital – Case Management Department
· Variable Shifts - PRN
· Day Shift
Elevating the Possibility of U at UCHealth
UCHealth is a special place and it requires a special type of person to work here. We are committed to attracting exceptional people who possess a rare combination of talent, drive, and intellectual curiosity. They are the people who naturally gravitate toward our culture, our geography, and our passion for discovery -- ambitious people for whom UCHealth isn't just a career, but an elevated state of mind.
This position is PRN.
Summary - Case Manager Registered Nurse (CM RN)
Monitors and manages patient care to promote continuity of care, optimal patient outcomes, patient satisfaction, cost efficiency, and compliance.
· Consults with nursing staff and multidisciplinary team regularly to evaluate patient's status and appropriateness of medical care, including admission, length of stay, transfer and discharge.
· Monitors patient and family satisfaction. Responds to questions and complaints from patients, family members, and payors regarding care. Participates in discharge planning including coordinating patient transfers to other facilities and coordinating community resources
· Provides discharge education and resource referrals to patients.
· Performs chart review to identify actual or potential issues with service delivery, patient outcomes and satisfaction, compliance, cost, and reimbursement.
· Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action.
· Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
· State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
· 2 years of experience as a case manager or as a RN in the assigned clinical area, with demonstrated clinical competence.
· Master's Degree in Nursing preferred
· Two or more years as a practicing clinical Registered Nurse
· Current case management experience in an acute care setting
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state's largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we're able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients' lives.
Join Us. Together We Improve lives.
UCHealth system recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you pla...ce on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.