We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Located in Fort Collins, Mountain Crest offers services to clients in northern Colorado, western Nebraska, and southern Wyoming. With accreditation by national and state agencies, Mountain Crest is a service of Poudre Valley Hospital, but operates in a modern stand-alone center on a beautiful campus with trees, lawns, a team-building ropes course, and other outdoor benefits for therapeutic use.
Mountain Crest is a treatment driven community facility for mental health, with a strong nursing staff, team environment, and physician support. Mountain Crest provides an environment for growth, learning, and mentoring.
Summary -Nurse Practitioner Psychiatry
Provide direct/indirect patient care for a specific population (e.g. adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients). Provide comprehensive health assessments, diagnosis, planning, implementation, evaluation, outcome identification, and treatment follow-up in an outpatient clinic or acute care setting. Integrate education, research, management, leadership, and consultation into clinical roles
· Manage the ongoing medical needs of adolescent, adult, and geriatric populations in an age appropriate manner by integrating advanced education, research, management, leadership, consultation and clinical role.
· Use prescriptive authority, procedures and treatments, if appropriate, in accordance with state and federal laws and regulations and institutional guidelines.
· Order and interpret laboratory and other investigative studies as appropriate.
· Keep abreast of medical and pharmaceutical developments as it affects patient care.
· Provide initial assessment, follow-up care and discharge summaries.
· Provide consultation on patient care issues throughout PVHS to staff and physicians both formally and informally. Document assessment and discharge summaries data through dictation and written progress notes.
· Initiate Mental Health (27-10) and Alcohol Holds as appropriate based on Integrated Psychiatric Assessment.
· Discontinue holds following appropriate assessment.
· Implement strategies to assess patient care needs and provide care throughout the continuum .
· Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN).
· State licensure as a Nurse Practitioner.
· Certification in specialty area required.
· Unrestricted medical staff membership at system hospitals, with appropriate practice privileges.
· Allied Health credentialing through the system Medical Staff Services office required.
· Listed on the State Advanced Practice Registry.
· Willingness to work toward prescriptive authority with supervision
· BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
· Minimum of 5 year's experience in the identified area of expertise preferred
· Prescriptive authority preferred.
Due to Point of Care Testing duties associated with this position, upon hire, a copy of highest level of education (diploma, degree, or transcripts) would be required to present to the hiring manager. If this is available to you at this time, please attach it with your resume in one document.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you pla...ce on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.