VICE PRESIDENT, HUMAN RESOURCES – SUSQUEHANNA HOSPITAL CLUSTER
Carrington & Carrington, Ltd. - University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC)
January 12, 2018
Full Time - Experienced
4 Year Degree
The Vice President of Human Resources – Hospital Cluster will come from a background in the healthcare human resources industry. He/She must have experience working with multiple hospitals at the same time. The VP Human Resources will provide strategic Human Resources leadership and functional guidance to a designated customer base. The VP Human Resources is responsible for partnering and consulting with customers to execute talent strategies that enable achievement of goals and objectives.
• Has a solid understanding of the organization's Mission, Vision and Values and can help translate those into service partner activity which leads to results.
• Demonstrates effective interpersonal relationships with all service partners, including physicians and volunteers. Places a higher priority on team goals than individual goals and personal success/recognition. Uses data to support opinions, and values shared decision making processes.
• Takes a positive approach to change and continuously implements quality improvement processes. Effective in helping service partners deal with change in a positive way to achieve desired results.
• Keenly aware of emerging trends and places the organization to take advantage of opportunities. Identifies long and short-term goals that support the organization's strategic plan.
• Possesses sufficient job skills and knowledge to perform the job in a competent manner. Can demonstrate skills and knowledge in day-to-day situations. Produces an amount of work that meets or exceeds job expectations.
• Designs/utilizes the right tools to capture customer satisfaction and evaluate concerns. Creates and promotes a work team environment where focus is routinely placed on achieving the highest level of patient/customer satisfaction. Hardwires evidence-based best practices to enhance the customer/patient experience. Understands customer centric service metrics and implements plan to achieve highest levels of patient/customer experience.
• States clear expectations and specific timelines/deadlines when assigning and committing to project work. Adheres to ethical, legal and regulatory standards.
• Participates in and welcomes self-assessment opportunities. Participates in SH offered education activities and is fully engaged while in attendance.
• Energizes staff, motivating them to be successful in their jobs. Maintains adequate staffing levels to provide department services.
• Consult with customer senior leadership to assess business needs and understand business strategy and goals; collaborate on growth strategies and cost challenges.
• Provide thoughtful leadership and serves as a trusted advisor to senior leaders to enhance organizational design and effectiveness, culture and talent capabilities; coach and counsel senior leadership.
• Develop effective leaders within the organization, focusing on leadership needs and key themes identified as part of the business strategy and organizational and talent review processes.
• Strategically guide customer base through complex employee relations matters for both non-union and union staff; partner with Corporate Employee Relations as needed.
• Develop and execute union avoidance strategies.
• Analyze human resource indicators, such as turnover, time to fill, etc., to identify problem areas; make recommendations to address deficiencies and to better support the business; report outcomes to customer senior leadership.
• Align human resources programs and processes with business strategy and goals across customer base; implement change management plans on an ongoing basis to meet the changing needs of the business.
• Lead a broad and diverse team of professionals to execute human resources programs and processes; serve as a liaison between customer base and HR Shared Services to deliver high quality human resources services.
• Uncover opportunities for HR process and strategic improvements. Represent customer base when providing feedback on the quality and effectiveness of HR Shared Services, including compensation, benefits and talent management programs including talent acquisition, performance management, on- boarding, learning & development, career pathing and succession planning.
• Lead the planning and implementation of communication strategies which deliver accurate, consistent and timely information to the customer base and to the HR Shared Services.
• Provide input on HR and Corporate policies and processes and drive change as needed.
• Drive and champion cultural improvement initiatives within customer base; lead employee engagement initiatives.
• Consult with customer base and ensure compliance on regulatory issues related to the human resources function; audit HR processes and procedures as appropriate.
• Champion, advocate and promote the principles, values and behaviors of a world class HR organization. Manage the human resources budget
About Carrington & Carrington, Ltd. - University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC)
Celebrating 35 years in business, Carrington & Carrington, Ltd. (CCL) is a certified minority and women-owned, GSA certified , boutique executive search firm. Our specializing in the recruitment and placement of people of color, women, and LGBT professionals for executive level positions. Our mission, since 1979, has been to partner with our client to provide top-quality, inclusive slates of talen...t in a timely and professional manner. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois with offices in Washington, DC and Memphis, Tennessee. CCL’s goal is to create both a personal and professional "match" for each candidate and bring an exceptional leader to every client served.