We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Medical Assistants with a previous training or knowledge of skills would be beneficial, but not necessary. Point of care testing, EKG, holter monitor, phlebotomy, immunization and vitals are a large part of the medical assistant's role in this area.
· Assist with patient check in, exams, office procedures, and minor office surgeries including set-up, clean-up, patient prep, and documentation in electronic medical record. Administer injections and oral medications as ordered by physician or nurse. May participate in specimen collection.
· Interview patients, measure vital signs, review medications list, and perform other medical procedures per protocol. Document care provided per established guidelines. Document prescription refill requests per clinic guidelines. Provide patient education resources as instructed.
· Review clinical reports, referring physician records, and pre-visit test results. Address urgent issues and forward to physician or nurse.
· Prepare and disinfect exam room for each patient's visit. Ensure adequate supplies and appropriate instruments are available. Inventory and order medical supplies. Ensure equipment is cleaned and maintained per department protocol.
· Schedule tests and procedures (including radiology, cardiology, and respiratory) utilizing the hospital and clinic computer systems. Review results with patient and physician as necessary.
· Obtain pre-authorization for referrals as required by individual insurance companies. Complete necessary paperwork. Assist with discharge process.
· High School diploma or equivalent is required for this opportunity.
· Relevant Medical Assistant/Certified Medical Assistant (RMA/CMA) registration or certification must be obtained with 60 days of hire.
· BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
The UCHealth system recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.