The new 53 bed hospital in Longmont will join UCHealth and Longmont Clinic's proud tradition of superior care and unwavering commitment to patients and the communities we serve. Longs Peak Hospital combines a high energy environment and a "patient first mentality," giving employees the opportunity to deliver the highest quality care to patients. The highest quality of care gives patients access to advanced treatments, complex surgeries and innovative clinical trials across the entire UCHealth system.
Summary - LPH PACU ODSC SAC
Provides direct patient care using the nursing process in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
· Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources. Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
· Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
· Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
· Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel. May precept student nurses and new hires.
· Graduate of an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing program if less than 3 years' experience. BSN is required for new hires or to be attained within three years of acceptance of the position.
· 6 months of nursing experience.
· State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
· BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
· ACLS & PALS within 6 months of hire.
· Bachelor's degree in Nursing
· 1 year previous PACU required
UCHealth is a special place and it requires a special type of person to work here. We are committed to attracting exceptional people who possess a rare combination of talent, drive, and intellectual curiosity. They are the people who naturally gravitate toward our culture, our geography, and our passion for discovery -- ambitious people for whom UCHealth isn't just a career, but an elevated state of mind.
Due to Point of Care Testing duties associated with this position, upon hire, a copy of highest level of education (diploma, degree, or transcripts) would be required to present to the hiring manager. If this is available to you at this time, please attach it with your resume in one document.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state's largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we're able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients' lives.
Join Us. Together We Improve lives.
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.