Registered Nurse (RN) - Outpatient Oncology Care Coordinator, PRN
Elevating the Possibility of U at UCHealth
UCHealth is a special place and it requires a special type of person to work here. We are committed to attracting exceptional people who possess a rare combination of talent, drive, and intellectual curiosity. They are the people who naturally gravitate toward our culture, our geography, and our passion for discovery -- ambitious people for whom UCHealth isn't just a career, but an elevated state of mind.
Summary - This position supports PVH Outpatient Cancer Center Clinic. This RN Coordinator position is part of a team who performs telephone triage, coordinates IP admissions, medication refills, and oral chemo adherence checks.
The Provides professional nursing care within the health system and coordinates plan of care with the patient and family in collaboration with other disciplines. Is a role model of professional nursing practice; participates in orientation and training of new personnel and students to unit.
This job description serves as a foundation for describing the role of the registered nurse at Poudre Valley Health System. The professional nurse supports the mission, vision and values and core objectives of Poudre Valley Health System. Maintains competencies to provide the care and services as it applies to the department's patient/customer population and as defined in the department's scope of service document. Unit or department specifics are detailed in the Scope of Service for that area.
· Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources. Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel.
· May precept student nurses and new hires
· Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
· Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
· Performs telephone triage and documents and communicates as appropriate. Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
· Graduate of an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing program if less than 3 years experience. BSNis required for new hires or to be attained within three years of acceptance of the position.
· A minimum 6 months relevant acute care nursing experience.
· License to practice Nursing in the State of Colorado
· BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
· BSN degree · ONS Chemo/Bio Certification and OCN preferred · Infusion experience · At least one year of current acute care oncology experience · Proficiency in EMR, telephone triage, and oral chemo managment
· Flexibility with scheduling · Epic documentation experience · Willingness to be active on committees
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state's largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we're able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients' lives.
Join Us. Together We Improve lives.
The University of Colorado Health (UCHealth) system recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender variance, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.