This is an outstanding opportunity to join UCH Medical Group, a top, large multi-specialty physician led group practice owned by UCHealth, as Chief Operating Officer. This position is a part of a high-performing, quality-focused senior leadership team in a results-driven, growing healthcare system. The new Chief Operating Officer must support the direction of the UCHealth President & Chief Executive Officer and in leading the vision of "From Health Care to Health" by forging strong relationships with the health system enterprise, physicians and physician leadership to create an overall entity unparalleled in the United States today.
The Chief Operating Officer reports to the President and Chief Executive Officer of UCHealth Medical Group and is the second in command officer of the medical group. The Chief Operating Officer has responsibility and authority to provide leadership, direction, and administration of all aspects of group's operation and the activities of its related entities to ensure compliance with established goals and objectives and the realization of quality, economical health care services, and other related lines of business, while meeting the directives established by the health system's mission, vision and values statements.
· Master's degree in health care administration, business administration, or health administration preferred. Bachelor's degree with an equivalent combination of experience in a senior leadership capacity with certification may be considered.
· Experience operating a large multi-specialty physician group in a competitive market required.
· 5 years' progressively complex executive leadership in a major healthcare system, including strategy and business planning.
· An understanding of populating health management and integrating a large multi-specialty physician group.
· Flexibility and responsiveness to change with consideration of its impact on decision-making and planning;
· Proactive leadership to elicit input from UCHealth Medical Group physicians and health system stakeholders and utilize that input in decision-making processes;
· Outstanding interpersonal, negotiation, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to build consensus among key stakeholders, including physicians, employees, and community leaders within the health system and community. Well-developed written, verbal, and presentation skills are required;
· Experienced in evaluating trends in health care and local market conditions to suggest strategies to respond including payers and payer strategies;
· Demonstrated commitment to the patient experience by providing opportunities for consumer input, monitoring, evaluation, and feedback and successfully incorporating that feedback into an improved patient experience;
· Coordinate the development of community partnerships that support the strategic plan and the measurement/improvement of overall health status indicators; and
· Understands the importance of being focused on patient care and has significant experience and documented success in running a physician lead (UCHealthMG Board) large practice.
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.