1. Performs safety testing, performance testing, and preventive maintenance to meet NFPA, OSHA, and The Joint Commission compliance, primarily on basic medical equipment.
2. Performs electronic repairs, according to manufacturers' specifications, on basic medical equipment to ensure equipment that is 100% operational.
3. Replaces defective components to ensure minimal damage to components. Performs operational checkout and safety testing of all repaired equipment.
4. Completes proper documentation for work requests.
5. Responds immediately to emergency repairs, including after hours and weekends.
6. Communicates the nature of repair to the department supervisor as well as an estimate of the possible down-time. Informs personnel on equipment status after completion of repairs.
7. (All SCL jobs) Promotes mission, vision, and values of SCL Health, and abides by service behavior standards.
8. (All SCL jobs) Performs other duties as assigned.
9. (If applicable) May be required to float to other departments (within scope of competency and qualifications) based on business need.
10. (If applicable) May be required to be placed on-call during a regularly scheduled shift.
Internal Number: 535372
About SCL Health
MissionWe reveal and foster God's healing love by improving the health of the people and communities we serve, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.VisionInspired by our faith, •We will be distinguished as the premier person-centered health system and trusted partner. •We will share accountability with clinicians and other stakeholders to coordinate care across all settings and improve access, quality, health outcomes, and affordability. •We will grow as community-based health networks to serve more people in partnerships with others who share our vision and values. ValuesCaring Spirit - We honor the sacred dignity of each person.Excellence - We set and surpass high standards.Good Humor - We create joyful and welcoming environments.Integrity - We do the right thing with openness and pride.Safety - We deliver care that seeks to eliminate all harm for patients and associates. Stewardship - We are accountable for the resources entrusted to us.