Practices professional nursing by the performance of both independent nursing functions and delegated medical functions in accordance with accepted practice standards. Such functions include the initiation and performance of nursing care through health promotion, supportive or restorative care, disease prevention, diagnosis and treatment of human disease, ailment, pain, injury, deformity, and physical or mental condition using specialized knowledge, judgment, and skill involving the application of biological, physical, social, and behavioral science principles.
1. Examines and treats patients, orders and interprets diagnostic tests and makes diagnosis. Provides health teaching and health counseling to patients and/or their families.
2. Accurately documents patient data, actions or interventions, responses, and plans for care/follow-up according to guidelines and/or standard nursing practice.
3. Triages patients either in person or via telephone and implements proper course of action. Reviews and monitors therapy and treatment patient plans. Initiates appropriate consultations and/or actions accordingly. Conducts telephone call backs to patients requiring follow-up care.
4. Facilitates the coordination and integration of care between health care services; manages populations of patients to ensure appropriate utilization of health care resources. Refers patients who need further treatment, evaluation, or assistance to medical or community agencies per guidelines.
5. Participates in monitoring quality of care according to professional standards and established criteria.
6. Evaluates emergency situations and initiates appropriate interventions.
7. Promotes mission, vision, and values of SCL Health, and abides by service behavior standards.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
9. May be required to float to other departments (within scope of competency and qualifications) based on business need.
10. May be required to be placed on-call during a regularly scheduled shift.
Internal Number: 569892
About SCL Health
MissionWe reveal and foster God's healing love by improving the health of the people and communities we serve, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.VisionInspired by our faith, •We will be distinguished as the premier person-centered health system and trusted partner. •We will share accountability with clinicians and other stakeholders to coordinate care across all settings and improve access, quality, health outcomes, and affordability. •We will grow as community-based health networks to serve more people in partnerships with others who share our vision and values. ValuesCaring Spirit - We honor the sacred dignity of each person.Excellence - We set and surpass high standards.Good Humor - We create joyful and welcoming environments.Integrity - We do the right thing with openness and pride.Safety - We deliver care that seeks to eliminate all harm for patients and associates. Stewardship - We are accountable for the resources entrusted to us.