This Nurse will serve as e key member of the Clinic Performance Improvement team. The primary purpose of the position is to provide clinic-based best practices, staff education, training and development to support the competencies and learning needs of the Advanced Practice Providers, Registered Nurses, Licensed Vocational Nurses, and Medical Assistants in the CHRISTUS Trinity Clinics. Fosters empowerment through knowledge to achieve excellence through the delivery of evidence-based nursing practice. This occurs through the facilitation of the educational process through assessment, development, planning, implementation and evaluation of competency assessment, continuing education, and leadership development. The Clinic Based Staff Educator is to communicate with leadership to support identified clinical staff needs.
Reporting to the CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic Chief Nursing Officer and Executive Director of Operations, this position is accountable for:
1) Enhancing the delivery of nursing care through the use of nursing process in the areas of practice, education, research, and consultation to achieve excellence.
2) Models a customer-focused, professional attitude with patients, visitors, and personnel while assuring confidentiality of patient and CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Health System information. Demonstrates effective communication and professionalism in all interactions.
3) Conducts needs assessment for areas of responsibility and develops in-service curriculum. Develops, implements, and evaluates onboarding and ongoing education activities including but not limited to competencies, mock codes, department in-services and a creation of residency and preceptor programs.
4) Supports CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic leadership in sustaining accreditation readiness (Joint Commission, CMS, TDH, OSHA, etc.) and communicates observations to clinic leadership. Rounds in all the CHRISTUS Trinity Clinics and helps develop action plans.
5) Acts as preceptor for on-boarding of new clinical staff and mentor/coach for existing clinical staff needs. Communicates with the leadership team and provides documentation of clinical staff developmental deficiencies.
6) Provides training for autoclaving and sterile processing to support compliance. Reports findings to clinic leadership and develops training to support compliance.
7) Coordinates professional development of nursing staff and Advance Practice Providers and fosters empowerment to achieve high quality of care standards through evidence-based practice.
8) Support increased percentage of certified nurses by encouraging and facilitating the participation and engagement of nurses with their professional organizations, seeking out and providing certification preparation courses, and supporting recognition of certifications in areas of responsibility
9) Communicates with leadership and local college/university nursing instructors in coordinating nursing student clinical rotations in the CHRISTUS Trinity Clinics.
10) Promote interdisciplinary collaboration by inclusion of all disciplines in educational planning, presenting, competency assessment and evaluation of learning events (e.g. grand rounds, education offerings, skills fairs, in-services etc.)
11) Participates in various committees and acts as or identifies a resource for best clinical practices.
12) Assists and coordinates with policy revisions, protocols, and guidelines related to related to quality improvement, safety, environmental conditions and infection control in the CHRISTUS Trinity Clinics.
13) Maintains required records, reports, and statistics as directed.
14) Travels to assigned clinics as part of a fast action team to conduct needs assessment and develop strategy for implementing clinical best practices.
15) Performs other duties as assigned.
2 years nursing experience with 2 years nursing supervisor or nursing educator experience
Knowledge of Joint Commission Standards
Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Current Texas Drivers License and liability insurance
Our Mission: WHY WE EXIST. To extend the healing ministry of Jesus Christ. Our Core Values: WHAT WE BELIEVE IN.DIGNITY Respect for the worth of every person, recognition and commitment to the value of diverse individuals and perspectives, and special concern for the poor and underserved. INTEGRITY Honesty, justice, and consistency in all relationships. EXCELLENCE High standards of service and performance. COMPASSION Service in a spirit of empathy, love, and concern. STEWARDSHIP Wise and just use of talents and resources in a collaborative manner.Our Vision: WHAT WE ARE STRIVING TO DO. CHRISTUS HEALTH, a Catholic health ministry, will be a leader, a partner and an advocate in the creation of innovative health and wellness solutions that improve the lives of individuals and communities so that all may experience God's healing presence and love. Our Name and Symbol:WHO WE ARE. CHRISTUS is Latin for "Christ," and proclaims publicly the core of our mission. OUR NAME choice also recognizes the heritage of our two congregational sponsors, the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word in Houston and San Antonio. Jesus Christ is the Incarnate Word, the Word of God made flesh. It is, theref...ore, only fitting that it is in another form of His name that our health ministries are called together. OUR SYMBOL Reflects the healing ministry of Jesus Christ - a combination of a medical cross and a religious cross. The flowing banner on the cross is a common symbol of the risen Christ, while the royal purple signifies Christ. The flowing banner also conveys a sense of motion as we move forward into a new era of service to our communities.