This is an outstanding opportunity to join UCHealth as Vice President, Regulatory Compliance.
This position will be based in Aurora, CO and will report to the Chief Legal Officer and General Counsel .
At a system level, directs, monitors, and reports to leadership on the status of ongoing accreditation and regulatory readiness and compliance for all UCHealth locations (including inpatient and outpatient operations as well as rehabilitation, behavioral health, non-hospital based ambulatory services, clinics and freestanding emergency departments). Responsible for managing the overall development and implementation of effective systems for compliance and coordination with CMS Conditions of Participation, Provider-Based Rules, Joint Commission Standards, Novitas, and the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) within a model of Continuous Survey Readiness. Provides internal organizational consultation for regulations and standards impacting the organization.
· Analyze strategic growth initiatives and provide regulatory summaries and recommendations to expedite certification and continually monitor, identify and mitigate risk.
· Ensure all new facilities, regardless of new build, acquisition, or joint venture receive CMS certification and accreditation as expeditiously as possible and within expected timelines.
· Lead cross-functional teams in projects related to regulatory readiness and compliance. Advise operations teams and leaders on compliant and risk mitigating business strategies and processes.
· Work with regional Directors and regional senior management to ensure regulatory compliance is standardized across the system and execution is effective and efficiently delivered.
· Identify and analyze statutes and regulations related to Medicare, Medicaid, third party payer requirements, CMS, Joint Commission, CDPHE, or other regulatory bodies. Assesses the impact on UCHealth operations and identifies operational or clinical areas affected.
· Proactively analyze regulatory and policy standards and collaborate with the Compliance Department and operations leaders throughout the organization to ensure compliance in business and strategy development, implementation, and routine business practices.
· Develop relationships with regulatory agencies to ensure clear understanding of regulatory requirements and facilitate compliance.
· Translate complex regulations into understandable language and summaries and develop actionable steps for individuals and departments.
· Maintain current knowledge of state and federal regulations and guidance. Disseminate information and potential strategies.
The ideal candidate will have:
· 7+ years of relevant experience
· A proficient understanding and working knowledge of and experience in healthcare regulations, including the Joint Commission Standards, CDPHE, Novitas and CMS with ability to apply regulatory/accreditation standards related to multiple clinical areas.
· A clear understanding of the rules, regulations and requirements of each agency and how they work, inform and coordinate with each other.
· An in-depth knowledge of regulating agencies and the individuals within those agencies.
· The ability to develop trusting relationships with all regulatory agencies.
· Exceptional negotiation and communication skills.
· Experience effectively and confidently advising and interacting with all levels of an organization.
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.