UCHealth is a special place and it requires a special type of person to work here. We are committed to attracting exceptional people who possess a rare combination of talent, drive, and intellectual curiosity. They are the people who naturally gravitate toward our culture, our geography, and our passion for discovery -- ambitious people for whom UCHealth isn't just a career, but an elevated state of mind.
Summary -- Registered Nurse -- Pulmonary -- University of Colorado Hospital, Aurora, CO
· Provides direct patient care using the nursing process in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
Flu season is upon us which means increased patient volumes at Denver Metro. It's time to hire lots of nurses! J Effective immediately, direct care RNs who accept an offer between 9/25/2017-2/28/2018*** at Denver Metro are eligible for a sign on bonus as follows:
$5000 for full time
$2500 for part time
Eligibility is as follows:
Only applies to Direct Care RNs
PRNs and RN Travelers are not eligible
Requires a two (2) year commitment. If they leave prior to completing the work commitment, they will have to pay back the full amount (not a prorated amount)
Must have 1 year of RN experience (please note that any RN experience counts – long term care, correctional med, etc.)
All inpatient and outpatient direct care RNs are eligible
RNs who have left UCHealth within the past 12 months are not eligible for the sign on bonus.
The sign on bonus is taxable
Recruiters must ensure that the new hire signs the appropriate agreement and that the 2 year commitment is reflected appropriately in the agreement.
Pulmonary UCHealth has been ranked 2nd in the nation by U.S. News & World Report for treating respiratory disorders . Our Inpatient Pulmonary nurses in this 36-bed unit care for nationally referred patients with complicated pulmonary diseases including Pulmonary Hypertension, those with respiratory infections post lung transplant, those undergoing thoracic surgery, esophagectomies and other pulmonary procedures. We care for the Ear, Nose and Throat surgical patients along with other medical populations. This unit also supports the Pulmonary Hypertension Center, which is one of the largest, leading centers in the U.S. and the world and recently was awarded as a Comprehensive Care Center for Pulmonary Hypertension . The unit is high functioning and fast paced, with incredible on the job training about these very specialized populations. The typical nurse-to-patient ratio is 1:4 on days 1:5 on nights
· Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources. Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
· Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
· Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
· Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel. May precept student nurses and new hires.
· Graduate of an accredited (ACEN or CCNE) Registered/Professional Nursing program if less than 3 years' experience.
· 6 months nursing experience.
· State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
· BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
Due to Point of Care Testing duties associated with this position, upon hire, a copy of highest level of education (diploma, degree, or transcripts) would be required to present to the hiring manager. If this is available to you at this time, please attach it with your resume in one document. Preferred
· Bachelor's degree in Nursing. BSN
· Minimum 1 year general nursing experience
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state's largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we're able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients' lives. Join Us. Together We Improve lives. UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization. IND123 #GD1
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.