We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Summary -Financial Case Coord Verifies transplant, medical, pharmaceutical, and home health benefits for potential transplant patients and analyzes information to determine if a patient is financially able to obtain a solid organ or bone marrow transplant. Communicates with medical team, patients, families and insurance companies all pertinent information regarding transplant authorizations and options. Screens Cancer Center patients with CICP only to see if other financial assistance is available or is an option with the patient's financial resources. Assists the patient in applying for any federal or state programs (for example Medicaid) as needed. If other coverage becomes available, confirms that all applicable past visits have been rebilled appropriately.
· Conducts extensive verification process with insurance companies to obtain financial information and authorizations relative to transplant services. Reviews, analyzes and verifies information for accuracy. Enters data into patient billing and registration system. Monitors insurance status and updates benefits and authorizations as needed due to patient changes or insurance requirements.
· Explains and enforces transplant financial policy to both patients and to internal customers by detailing specific patient insurance plan data relevant to particular situations. Develops options, if possible, for patients to obtain transplant or cancer related services using knowledge of federal, state, community and commercial programs. Provides options in cases where the benefits may not be sufficient. Seeks assistance for unusual or difficult situations and/or issues. Completes all manual and automated documentation necessary for a potential or listed transplant patient to receive transplant or cancer related services.
· Understands and complies with all related transplant or hospital policies.
· Communicates information to the medical team to assist them in determining if a patient is a candidate for transplant or cancer treatment. After patient transplant, communicates insurance benefit information internally to various departments planning for patient discharge and follow up care.
· Collects data and prepares reports as requested. Solves problems independently and works cooperatively with other transplant and revenue cycle team members to make continuous adjustments to work flow to accommodate emergent and urgent situations.
· Some college and/or 2 year's experience in a care related field
· Bachelor's degree preferred
· 5 years experience in a business services or admissions role in a healthcare related field
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.