Oversee day-to-day operations of the Patient Financial Services teams for cash posting and scanning, customer service, refunds and client/contract billing. Resolve high-level issues for systems, patients, and vendors. Monitors vendor assignment and reconciliation of the collections process.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Hiring, training, supervision, oversight and management of assigned direct reports. Understand customer requirements such as strategy, targets, standards, processes and systems in order to ensure efficient operations. Maintains area of responsibility within annual budget.
2. Provides a comprehensive training program to areas of responsibility to ensure consistent and thorough training is provided to meet Health System and regulatory requirements. Maintains documentation of training records. Comprehensive knowledge of all patient accounting systems to VAIL HEALTH and Vail Health Clinics for Paragon, ePremis, HBI, and other patient accounting specific program.
3. Maintain and communicate thorough knowledge of the payer contracts, providing updates as needed to ensure customer service, credits and refunds, client/contract billing and cash posting and scanning staff are able to perform their job functions. Build and maintain a monthly reconciliation process for cash posting of patient cash, client/contract cash, unapplied cash and forward balance notices.
4. Plan, prioritize and delegate work tasks to ensure proper functioning of the assigned areas within the department while determining resources and tools necessary.
5. Write, implement, and ensure adherence to policy and procedures within department, communicating with other departments as necessary and meeting JCACHO guidelines
6. Collaborates with the PFS Director in implementation of new processes, identifying continuous process improvement opportunities.
7. Provides feedback to staff on assigned KPIs and department performance. Requires staff accountability to meet their performance requirements.
8. Escalates issues to PFS Director, keeping the director aware of areas of concern and when KPIâ™s are not met.
9. Models the principles of a Just Culture.
10. Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
5+ years experience in healthcare billing, insurance contracts, and patient accounting systems required.
3-5 years supervisory experience in healthcare Revenue Cycle.
Computer / Typing:
Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Proficient computer skills are required, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office. Proficiency with Paragon, ePremis, HBF, and other patient accounting specific programs is preferred.
Bachelors degree in Business Administration or related field. Consideration will be given to candidates with 10+ years of healthcare revenue cycle experience in lieu of a bachelor's degree.
Internal Number: 7836
About Vail Health
Vail Health, formerly Vail Valley Medical Center, is a nonprofit community health care system serving patients and guests from around the world. Locally operated and governed by a volunteer board of directors, Vail Health includes a 56-bed hospital, accredited by the Joint Commission. Our 24/7 emergency department in Vail is a Level III Trauma Center with a nearby helipad for necessary medical transports. Vail Health provides a wide array of services and access points including Beaver Creek Medical Center, urgent care clinics in Avon and Gypsum, our Edwards medical campus, Eagle Healthcare Center and a multispecialty clinic in Frisco. Howard Head Sports Medicine offers physical therapy services at 10 locations and works closely with our internationally renowned orthopaedic partners at The Steadman Clinic and Vail-Summit Orthopaedics. In addition, Vail Health's Shaw Cancer Center and Sonnenalp Breast Center are the region’s only fully accredited cancer treatment center and comprehensive breast center. The Vail Clinic, which was founded in 1965, officially became “Vail Valley Medical Center” in 1980, its first year as a full-service hospital. At that time, we had one primary locatio...n and 25 physicians. Today, Vail Health has locations in nine towns, nearly 1,000 employees, 260 physician partners and 85 volunteers. Vail Health is an equal-opportunity employer. The hospital is handicap accessible and adheres to the Americans with Disabilities Act. Smoking is prohibited in our facilities. This includes e-cigarettes.