· Full-time, 80 hours per pay period (every two weeks)
· Day Shift
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Summary - Bone Marrow Apheresis RN
As a Clinical RN, you will be working with the Bone Marrow Transplant Apheresis team. Your comforting demeanor and excellent IV skills will come into play as you care for complex patients. You will be clinically stimulated, every day, with the ongoing cutting edge biotechnology and research. At UCH you will find an academically enriched collaboration with a brilliant multidisciplinary team. Above all, you will bond with your patients and their families as you play an integral role in their long term progress.
The RN provides direct patient care using the nursing process in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
· Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans based on patient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
· Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
· Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
· Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances. Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel.
· May precept student nurses and new hires
· Graduate of an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing program if less than 3 years experience. BSN is required for new hires or to be attained within three years of acceptance of the position.
· A minimum 6 months relevant acute care nursing experience.
· License to practice Nursing in the State of Colorado
· BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
· Dialysis and/or apheresis experience
· Oncology and/or BMT experience
· Able to work full-time, day shift, four 10 hour shifts/week and on-call rotation
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state's largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we're able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients' lives.
Join Us. Together We Improve lives.
The University of Colorado Health (UCHealth) system recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state’s largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we’re able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients’ lives.