Requisition # 61472
Certified Nursing Assistant REQUIRES current CO CNA License and current BLS card for Healthcare Providers issued through the AHA. Please include both on Application!
Elevating the Possibility of U at UCHealth
UCHealth is a special place and it requires a special type of person to work here. We are committed to attracting exceptional people who possess a rare combination of talent, drive, and intellectual curiosity. They are the people who naturally gravitate toward our culture, our geography, and our passion for discovery -- ambitious people for whom UCHealth isn't just a career, but an elevated state of mind.
This position is FT Nights; Three 12 Hr Shifts a week; 72 Hrs Bi-Weekly
Provides direct patient care within an assigned unit/clinic under the supervision and delegation of the Registered Nurse.
- Performs delegated and ancillary basic nursing skills, including activities of daily living, monitoring of patient condition, body mechanics, providing nutritional support and other activities as appropriate to clinical service, in accordance with hospital standards, nursing standards of care, and policies and procedures.
- May perform skills, within scope of practice for unlicensed assistive personnel. These skills include but are not limited to the collection of specimens, use of specialized equipment, restraint monitoring and patient elimination procedures. Communicates performance of these skills to the patient's Registered Nurse and other members of the care team.
- Performs functional assignments per unit standards of care, including such activities as patient admission and discharge procedures, unit environmental organizational tasks, others as appropriate to service.
- Documents care provided.
- Assists with transport including patients, CSR and lab
- Completion of High School or GED
- Certification as Nursing Assistant in the State of Colorado
- BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)"
Current acute care and/or acute rehab care, nursing assistant experience preferred
IF APPLICABLE: Due to Point of Care Testing duties associated with this position, upon hire, a copy of highest level of education (diploma, degree, or transcripts) would be required to present to the hiring manager. If this is available to you at this time, please attach it with your resume in one document.
With award-winning hospitals and facilities serving the entire Front Range, University of Colorado Health is the state's largest and most innovative health system. By integrating the strengths of academic medicine with the finest community health care, we're able to push the boundaries of medicine and offer our employees endless career opportunities. Here, there are no limits, except those you place on yourself. Everyone is united by their passion for discovery and their commitment to improving patients' lives.
Join Us. Together We Improve lives.
The University of Colorado Health (UCHealth) system recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.