St. Thomas More Hospital, a 55- acute care facilty, is the cornerstone of health care services for Fremont County and surrounding southern Colorado communtites. St. Thomas More offers 24-hour emergency and trauma services, inpatient acute care, intensive care unit, The Birth Center, diagnostic imaging, surgical services, rehabilitation services, sleep disorder center and more. St. Thomas More was rated five stars by Healthgrades® for Total Knee Replacement (2012-2017), Hip Fracture Treatment (2017), and Treatment of Sepsis (2017). Our physicians specialize in emergency medicine, family medicine, internal medicine, obstetrics/gynecology services, general surgery, orthopedic surgery, and pediatric health services. Associates of St. Thomas More enjoy the camaraderie of a close-knit community hospital, the relaxed feel of small town life and an affordable cost of living in a town rich in culture and historic architecture. Located 50 miles from Colorado Springs at the foot hills of the Rocky Mountains and the entrance to the Royal Gorge, locals and visitors alike enjoy this area for some of the state's best hiking, widllife and river sports like rafting and fishing. Learn more about our hospital and life in Southern Colorado by visiting http://www.stmhospital.org/.
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 98106
Clinic/Department: 8610 STM NURSING SUPERVISORS
Hospital: ST THOMAS MORE
Responsible for coordination and direction of prompt, efficient “patient flow” through the patient care delivery services of the hospital by providing a communication link with patient registration / bed control and the nursing units. Serves as clinical (expert) resource person in delivery and supervision of direct and indirect care processes. Provides competent leadership and direction for all hospital Codes, Rapid Response, and/or crisis management. Serves as agent for department and hospital executives when they are not present and reports concerns and events to the designated administration person on call.
• ADN required
• BSN preferred
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• 2 year critical care experience preferred
• Prior experience in coaching, mentoring and leadership skills. Knowledgeable of JCAHO/ State and other regulatory requirement standards
• Nursing leadership experience required. Minimum five years of relevant hospital nursing experience preferred
• Progressive nursing in an acute care setting with diversified clinical knowledge
• Experience must be within the last three years. Management/supervisory ability demonstrated
• Must be qualified by continuous and ongoing education and experience to apply leadership direction, assessment and problem solving to assist nursing and all ancillary/support services in the care of the neonate to adult population
• Current Colorado RN Nursing License
• PALS Certification – Required upon hire or completion of orientation
• Current BLS certification required from American Heart Association, Red Cross, or ASHI upon hire
• ACLS Certification - Required upon hire or completion or orientation
• NRP – Required within 6 months of taking the job.
Medium Work - exert/lift up to 50 lbs. force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. constantly.
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.