Located in the scenic, historic and charming Southwest Colorado town of Durango, Mercy Regional Medical Center (MRMC) is a full-service, acute care hospital with Level III Trauma designation. Recognized by Healthgrades (a leading, independent health care ratings company) with awards for Outstanding Patient Experience and Patient Safety Excellence, as well as an “A” Hospital Safety rating from The LeapFrog Group, Mercy Regional Medical Center blends state-of-the-art technology with a serene and comfortable environment to promote well-being and healing. Specialty services include emergency care, surgical care, cardiac care, an Orthopedic and Spine Center of Excellence and a Family Birthing Center equipped with every amenity and a dedicated surgical suite. Durango residents experience an exceptional quality life with world-class outdoor recreation including snow sports, river sports, hiking, biking and more. Learn more about us at: http://www.mercydurango.org/
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 105588
Recruiter Contact: Alison Williams
Clinic/Department: 7374 MRMC PULMONARY
Hospital: MERCY REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
Schedule: Per Requested Need
Perform respiratory procedures under physician direction in all patient areas. Responsible for patient assessments, care plans, plan implementation and evaluation and revision of therapy plan as needed. Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure the most effective and efficient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes. Utilizes knowledge of patient's age and cultural diversity in the provision of patient care. Supports the organization vision and mission and practices performance improvement techniques to assure the delivery of the most effective patient care.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Associate or Bachelor's degree, preferred.
- Completion of an accredited Respiratory Therapy Education Program, i.e. CoARC, JRCRTE, or CAAHEP
- High school diploma or GED
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 1 year of respiratory therapy experience, preferred
- Prior use of electronic medical records (EMR), preferred
- Current credential of CRT or RRT by N.B.R.C
- Current state Respiratory Therapist Licensure (RLT) in applicable state of employment.
- Current BLS certification from American Heart Association.
- Current ACLS certification form American Heart Association upon hire or obtain within 6 months of hire (for locations in Kansas, ACLS is required within 1 year of hire/transfer date).
- Current PALS certification upon hire or obtain within 6 months of hire (Required for Avista, Castle Rock, Littleton, Parker, St. Francis Medical Center, St. Mary Corwin, St. Thomas Moore, Porter, Mercy, Longmont)
- Current NRP certification upon hire or obtain within 6 months of hire (Required for Avista, Castle Rock, Littleton, Parker, St. Francis, St. Mary Corwin, St. Thomas Moore, Longmont)
Medium Work - exert/lift up to 50 lbs. force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. constantly.
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.