- MCR Rehabilitation Unit
- PRN (per diem)
- No guaranteed days or hours, Days and hours may vary
- Flex shift
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Provides direct patient care within an assigned unit/clinic under the supervision and delegation of the Registered Nurse.
- Performs delegated and ancillary basic nursing skills, including activities of daily living, monitoring of patient condition, body mechanics, providing nutritional support and other activities as appropriate to clinical service, in accordance with hospital standards, nursing standards of care, and policies and procedures.
- May perform skills, within scope of practice for unlicensed assistive personnel. These skills include but are not limited to the collection of specimens, use of specialized equipment, restraint monitoring and patient elimination procedures. Communicates performance of these skills to the patient's Registered Nurse and other members of the care team.
- Performs functional assignments per unit standards of care, including such activities as patient admission and discharge procedures, unit environmental organizational tasks, others as appropriate to service.
- Documents care provided.
- Assists with transport including patients, CSR and lab
- Completion of High School or GED
- Certification as Nursing Assistant in the State of Colorado
- BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)"
Due to Point of Care Testing duties associated with this position, upon hire, a copy of highest level of education (diploma, degree, or transcripts) would be required to present to the hiring manager. If this is available to you at this time, please attach it with your resume in one document.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
The University of Colorado Health (UCHealth) system recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.