Requisition # 59210
Department - Diversified Services
Varied hours/pay period (bi-weekly)
Shift - Days
Elevating the Possibility of U at UCHealth
UCHealth is a special place and it requires a special type of person to work here. We are committed to attracting exceptional people who possess a rare combination of talent, drive, and intellectual curiosity. They are the people who naturally gravitate toward our culture, our geography, and our passion for discovery -- ambitious people for whom UCHealth isn't just a career, but an elevated state of mind.
Performs limited diagnostic medical radiographic procedures.
Under the supervision of a radiologist, performs diagnostic medical radiographic procedures limited to x-ray examinations of the skull, chest, hip/pelvis, spine/sacrum, upper extremities, and lower extremities.
Follows exam protocols on neonatal (excluding NICU patients), pediatric, adult and geriatric patients.
Maintains department facilities; checks equipment and supplies on a daily basis.
Communicates effectively with radiologist and other physicians when given direction.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be a second year student in the Memorial Hospital School of Radiologic Technology.
- Completion of first year in the Memorial Hospital School of Radiologic Technology.
- State of Colorado Certificate as a Limited Scope X-Ray Operator.
- BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
Join Us. Together We Improve lives.
The University of Colorado Health (UCHealth) system recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.