Centura Health Physician Group (CHPG) offers providers a true opportunity to live their calling to care while experiencing the support of a built-in comprehensive network, vast resources, professional growth, trusted leadership, generous benefits and an amazing quality of life with locations that span Colorado and into Western Kansas. CHPG is proud to connect providers and consumers through state-of-the-art technology, clinical resources and professional expertise to help people live healthier. Our coordinated services represent a full continuum of care – from preventive and early diagnoses to leading-edge treatment and life-saving critical care. CHPG’s ability to deliver better health care value is the direct result of combining the best clinical tools, shared resources and medical expertise with a patient-centered approach that emphasizes Centura Health’s mission and commitment to quality, compassion and service.
JOB DESCRIPTION/JOB POSTING ID: 105328
Meridian Neighborhood Health Centre
Lone Tree, CO
Monday - Friday days.
This is a full time position requiring about 40 hours per week.
Occasional travel to other sites to meet the needs of the clinic may be required.
The scope of this role includes practice management of an outpatient ambulatory site. Management includes multiple specialties, clinics and providers. The clinic operations will report directly to this role, and this role will have direct supervisory and managerial functions of the clinic's practice. This role will report to the Administrator of Physician Practice. Responsible for administration of business, financial and practice functions of the practice. Assists with the development and maintenance of physician and community relations to further the delivery of Centura's healthcare services within the community. Serves as a patient advocate as well as a role model for ethical management behavior and promotes an awareness and understanding of positive ethical and moral principles consistent with the Mission and Values of Centura Health. This position requires the skills and abilities to build collaborative relationships with physicians and other members of the management team to fulfill his/her accountabilities. In addition, the incumbent serves as the liaison with each service line and joint venture within the clinic. A key role of this position is to build strong relationships with physicians and associates for Centura Health Physician Group and to achieve high levels of patient and customer satisfaction.
Minimum Education Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, healthcare administration or equivalent required
Minimum Experience Requirements
- 3 years of practice management and 1 year progressive healthcare management experience
- Experience working in a multi-specialty practice environment preferred
- Excellent strategic thinking skills, demonstrated resource management, and stewardship skills, strong team orientation, strong customer focus, demonstrated ability to lead/implement change activities, demonstrated skills in influencing through relationships, excellent financial analytical thinking skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
Position Duties (essential functions denoted with an * )
- Provides management of all day -to-day practice operations: staffing, personnel, patient throughput, equipment/supplies, IT, Bio-medical engineering, physician relations, marketing, and community relations.*
- Oversees the practice staff in all activities to ensure high quality standards are met and to keep facility running smoothly.*
- Responsible for all aspects of customer service and service recovery.*
- Monitors, develops, coaches, and mentors staff to achieve outcomes for quality patient care.*
- Educates staff in performance improvement activities while coaching staff for enhanced problem solving.*
- Assists with staff recruitment and selection.*
- Responsible for maintaining strong, positive relationships with the physicians and other providers practicing within the clinic.*
- Collaborates with Medical Directors to improve the operations of the clinic, including strategic planning, patient satisfaction, physician relations, quality assurance, and other operational improvements/initiatives.*
- Ensures that revenue cycle processes and procedures are tightly coordinated and that all services provided are monitored and tracked within assigned practices.*
- Develops, monitors and responds to a full range of financial, service and quality indicators in all areas of responsibility.*
- Recognizes and embraces opportunities for improvement in the service of the practice and organization's goals.*
- Leads/supports development of Centura Health quality initiatives and other programs to continually improve cost effectiveness and quality of services and patient and customer satisfaction.*
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies governing health care delivery and rules of accrediting bodies by continually monitoring the service and facility operations and programs and initiating required changes or improvements.*
- Participates in all safety, security and infection control programs that are mandatory as well as those required and provided by the affiliated facility.*
- Demonstrates work practices consistent with Centura Health and department-specific safety, security and infection control policies.*
- In conjunction with the Administrator(s), maintains a cohesive management team that collaboratively meets the objectives of CHPG.*
- Proficient in practice management and electronic medical records.*
- Accountable for monitoring and managing the operational and capital budgets. Understands how to strengthen practice through good financial planning and implementation. Applies key financial concepts to decision making.*
- Achieves practice goals and objectives using a participative approach to improve the quality of care and market position.*
- Must have ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse and multi-cultural environment.*
- Develops and implements practice operations as needed (practice throughput, office/administrative tasks, etc.).*
- Seeks out learning opportunities and continuing education to advance skill set which is demonstrated by attendance at two continuing education experiences.*
- Seeks experiences that reflect current practice in order to maintain skills and competence in practice or role performance.*
- Maintains associate professional records that provide evidence of competency and lifelong learning.*
- Evaluates one's own integrity and clinical practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules and regulations. Takes action to achieve goals identified during the evaluation process.*
- Sedentary Work - prolonged periods of sitting and exert/lift up to 10 lbs. force occasionally)
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.