Known locally as the “full-service community hospital doing some big things,” Parker Adventist Hospital, (located at E-470 and Parker Road), offers leading medical experts, the latest technology and a broad array of clinical services. Ranked among the top hospitals in the nation for patient satisfaction, Parker Hospital performs complex spine and brain surgery along with weight-loss and joint-replacement surgery. We have a Level II Trauma Center and a Birthplace with a Level IIIA NICU caring for babies born as early as 28 weeks. Opened 10 years ago and still growing, the entire team is incredibly vibrant, skilled, enthusiastic, innovative and motivated. The sense of “newness” felt at Parker is a big aspect of the culture and the high patient and employee satisfaction scores speak volumes about the care and the environment. Every associate at Parker lives its culture of “relationship based care” each day – treating every patient, family and team member like WE would want to be cared for. For more information about Parker Adventist Hospital and joining the team, visit http://www.parkerhospital.org/.
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 102617
Clinic/Department: 8611 PARKER NURSING SERVICE OFFICE
Hospital: PARKER ADVENTIST HOSPITAL
Performs direct observation of patient to maintain safety. Communicates patient status changes to the RN. May assist with basic care under the direction and supervision of RN.. Assumes personal accountability for organizational mission and core values.
Minimum Education Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current student enrollment in healthcare program, preferred
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Ability to observe changes in patient behavior, deescalate aggressive or agitated behavior, and anticipate need for further intervention
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Basic computer skills
- Healthcare experience and/or current student clinical placement preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology, preferred
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from American Heart Association
Position Duties (essential functions denoted with an * )
- Keeps patient in direct view at all times unless instructed by RN to leave for procedure/exams. *
- Accurately and in a timely manner, reports patient status changes and needs to RN. *
- Ensures that work environment and patient rooms are neat and orderly to enhance unit and hospital image. *
- Monitors patient's environment for sharp objects, i.e. pens, pencils, scissors, eating utensils. *
- Notifies RN if suspicious interaction of patient and visitor are suspected. *
- States understanding of when and how to obtain additional assistance, including code green procedure. *
- May provide assistance with meals, bathing, bathroom requirements and ambulation under the direction of the RN.
- Performs all duties in a conscientious, courteous and caring manner to maintain positive customer relations. *
- Maintains thorough and confidential patient charts and records. *
- Effectively uses time, personnel, equipment and supplies to provide high quality, cost effective patient care. *
- Ensures that work environment and patient rooms are neat and orderly to enhance unit and hospital image.
- Uses hospital policies/procedures and regulatory guidelines to guide work. *
- Assists with quality improvement, safety and regulatory functions as directed. Participates in process change to improve unit performance and patient experience. *
- Assists in training other support staff, volunteers, students and other hospital personnel. *
- Adapts to rapidly changing technology as evidenced by competency in technology and equipment used in the patient care setting. *
- Demonstrates effective time management and is proactive in prioritizing workload and meeting productivity requirements. *
- Medium Work - exert/lift up to 50 lbs. force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. constantly
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.