Job Code: 03166-63805
Evenings (rotating weekends)
Presbyterian St. Lukes provides state-of-the-art, complex medical care in the heart of Denver, treating patients from all over the Rocky Mountain Region. P/SL holds Centers of Excellence designations in numerous specialties. We are also proud to be recognized as one of the 106 HCA Healthcare Hospitals included in TJC's new list of Top Performers on Key Quality Measures. To learn more about our numerous hospital wide achievements, please visit us at http://pslmc.com/about/awards-recognition/
We are dedicated to care for you every day, every step of the way.
Unwavering excellence. Our Commitment to all.
Integrity. Compassion. Accountability. Respect. Excellence.
Denver, the Mile High City is the fourth fastest-growing city in the U.S. and offers an abundance of recreational activities, museums, fine restaurants, entertainment and shopping. From the outdoor beauty of the Red Rocks, hiking trails and spectacular views, there is something in Denver for everyone.
This position supports the mission of Presbyterian/St Luke's Medical Center of optimizing the quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person. Under the direction of the Laboratory Assistant Coordinator and the Laboratory Assistant Supervisor, the Laboratory Assistant has primary responsibility for the efficient organization and effectiveness of the Laboratory Specimens Desk, Reception Area, and specimen procurement.
The employee will provide services addressing age-related techniques in specimen obtainment and care focusing on neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatric populations. This involves:
- greeting outpatients within the Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center,
- answering the telephone
- answering questions regarding specimen collection and time elements,
- interfacing between other hospitals, hospital departments, physicians, medical offices and reference laboratories, obtaining blood specimens, providing quality service, and performing general laboratory duties.
- This is the public relations for the Laboratory; therefore, she/he should be neat in appearance and pleasant in personality.
- When need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center expects our Code of Conduct Value Statements to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community.
- We recognize and affirm the unique and intrinsic worth of each individual
- We treat all those we serve with compassion and kindness
- We act with absolute honesty, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.
We trust our colleagues as valuable members of our healthcare team and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect and dignity.
- Phlebotomy Certification preferred.
- High School diploma or GED/Medical Assistant Certification.
- Experience in a hospital laboratory is desired, but not necessary.
- The Laboratory Assistant must have good customer service and communication skills.
- Basic computer skills are needed.
Qualified? Apply now!
Last Edited: 05/22/2017
Apply for this job