| Unit Description|
Thank you for your interest in our Speech Pathologist position.
We are seeking an energetic inpatient therapist.
Monday and Tuesdays between the hours of 7am to 6pm, average is 8am-430pm shift
Sometimes a Saturday shift may be available
Benefits for are available for this part time position
Benefits are effective the 1st of the month after your start date.
Our department provides Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy services to inpatients and outpatients. We have an extremely strong team of professionals and enjoy treating patients with a wide variety of diagnoses. Our staff is a crucial part of the patient care team at St. Joseph Hospital, and we are involved on many different teams and committees throughout the hospital.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to receiving your application!
Care Site Description
Saint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health â?? and hope â?? to our patients.
- Denver (estab.1873)
- Largest acute care provider in Denver area
- 2,397 associates, 1,332 medical staff, 108 residents
- 371 beds
- New $623 million, 360-bed, 826,000-square-foot replacement facility (December 2014)
Services & Expertise
- Breast Care Center
- Cardiovascular Services
- Center for Women and Infants
- Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Emergency Services
- Medical Imaging
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Surgical Care
- Weight Loss Surgery Center
Kudos: Saint Joseph Hospital offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
Inpatient SLP position - not a CFY position
This position provides quality goal directed Speech and Language Pathology (SLP) evaluation, treatment, and discharge planning to patients with cognitive, communication and/or swallowing disabilities to improve optimal functional level of independence.
- Provides clinically sound, clear, written initial and ongoing assessments of patients requiring SLP services. Develops defined goals and treatment plans from the assessment.
- Provides effective SLP treatments according to written SLP and interdisciplinary team treatment plans.
- Serve as a interdisciplinary team member including but not limited to effective team communication, adherence to team treatment plans, coordination of patient rehabilitation schedule, providing SLP expertise to team functions and providing staff education.
- Provides effective discharge planning regarding SLP issues, which may include but is not limited to patient and family counseling and education, recommending referrals of service to treatment team, home program development, and documentation.
- Submits daily treatment documentation and charges in an accurate and timely manner.
- Participates in educational programs and inservice meetings. Participates in continuing education program to ensure appropriate units are attained for maintenance of state license.
- Maintains established policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Â· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Speech/Language Pathology, required
- Certificate of clinical competence in speech/language pathology granted by the American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA), required
- Masterâ??s degree in Speech Pathology, preferred
- Current license/certification in the state of practice, required
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, required
- One (1) year of inpatient experience preferred
Not a CFY position