| Unit Description|
Care Site Description
Saint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health â?? and hope â?? to our patients.
- Denver (estab.1873)
- Largest acute care provider in Denver area
- 2,397 associates, 1,332 medical staff, 108 residents
- 371 beds
- New $623 million, 360-bed, 826,000-square-foot replacement facility (December 2014)
Services & Expertise
- Breast Care Center
- Cardiovascular Services
- Center for Women and Infants
- Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Emergency Services
- Medical Imaging
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Surgical Care
- Weight Loss Surgery Center
Kudos: Saint Joseph Hospital offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
Cath Lab Tech
PRN - As Needed
Assist in various roles assigned during all diagnostic and interventional Cardiovascular procedures.
Additional roles may be required in non- invasive testing and patient holding areas
The attached Job Description details the essential functions of your position. The list below is also considered to be essential functions of your position and all employees within Exempla Healthcare are expected to meet the following in their day-to-day work:
1. Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time
2. Be available to work overtime if needed
3. Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others
4. Be respectful of all with whom you interact and follow the Exempla Service Behaviors
5. Be well groomed and dressed appropriately for your role
6. Be in compliance with the drug and alcohol policy as stated in the Employee Handbook
7. Be sufficiently rested to perform your duties throughout the period assigned
8. Demonstrate a willingness to learn
9. Be able to communicate clearly, think clearly, and concentrate on assigned tasks
| || |
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Diploma, Associate or Bachelors degree in respiratory therapy, radiologic technology, or cardio vascular technology, or Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) or Registered Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES) or Cardiovascular Cardiopulmonary Technologist / Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (CI registry)
Two (2) years of related experience in a catheterization laboratory, cardiology non-invasive laboratory or other cardiopulmonary area, preferred
Working Conditions, Material And Equipment Involved
Unit Based equipment, X-ray equipment
Medical equipment (EKG, 02, Suction, Urinary drainage
Licensure / Certification
National license as Registered Respiratory Therapist, or Registered Radiologic Technologist or Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) or Registered Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES) or Cardiovascular Cardiopulmonary Technologist / Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (CI registry)
BCLS from the American Heart Association by start date
ACLS from the American Heart Association by start date
Register with state of Colorado as Surgical Technician or Surgical Assistant, SCL requirement for CO state, before start date (receipt is acceptable)
CO Registry as Registered Respiratory Therapist is not required.
RCIS or RCES, within 6 months from hire required. Suggested strongly preferred for those that have no other Registry.
Work Environment / Physical Activities
Inside work, ability to wear 10-15 lb lead aprons, radiation exposure
Hazardous Exposure Category
Involves an inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues, or a potential for spills or splashes of them. (Use of appropriate protective measures is required for every employee engaged in Category I tasks).
Medium work. Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for light work.