| Unit Description|
Care Site Description
Holy Rosary Healthcare is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health â?? and hope â?? to our patients.
Services & Expertise
- Miles City, Mont. (estab. 1910)
- Regionâ??s largest integrated healthcare provider & private employer
- 500 associates, volunteers & medical staff members
- 25-bed acute care critical access hospital, physician clinics & senior living
Holy Rosary Healthcare is eastern Montanaâ??s healthcare destination providing person-centered care. We are People Healing People through the communities we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable.
- Family Health & Wellness
- Womenâ??s Health
- Imaging & Ancillary Services
- Therapy Services
- Senior Living
- Surgery & Emergency Center
10 hour shifts, variable days/hours
The Registration Specialist is responsible for obtaining complete and accurate patient demographic, insurance (eligibility and/or verification), financial information to include: collections of copays/deductibles/outstanding balances and making payment plans as appropriate, for inpatients, outpatients, and emergency patients either face-to-face, by telephone, internet, etc.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills by providing a patient friendly and pleasant registration process to assure that patient and family needs are met in a timely manner.
- Resolves physician's office and patient issues and must be able to manage extreme patient volumes and uncooperative patients.
- Acts as liaison between departments to foster open communication and team work, utilizing positive and effective communication with all team members.
- Responsible for adhering to all compliance requirements mandated by CMS,HIPAA, JCAHO, etc.
- All associates of SCL Health System are expected to meet the following in their day-to-day work:
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be available to work overtime if needed.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be respectful of all with whom you interact and act in a professional manner.
- Be well groomed and dressed appropriately for your role.
- Be in compliance with all SCL Health System policies.
- Be sufficiently rested to perform your duties throughout the period assigned.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn.
- Be able to communicate clearly, think clearly, and concentrate on assigned tasks.
- Be willing to perform other duties as assigned.
The information above is for summary purposes and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
Requirements: Ability to type at least 45 adjusted words per minute. High School diploma/GED or equivalent, solid computer knowledge, demonstrated customer service and ability to handle pressure in a fast-paced environment. Willing to float to all areas of Patient Registration/Access. At least 1 year hospital/medical office patient scheduling and/or medical insurance experience strongly preferred to include medical terminology knowledge.