| Unit Description|
Care Site Description
Good Samaritan Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health â?? and hope â?? to our patients.
Lafayette, CO (20 miles northwest of downtown Denver) (estab. 2004)
1,480 associates, 1,040 medical staff and 239 allied health practitioners
234 beds (192 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
Bone & Joint Institute
Cardiac & Vascular Services
Comprehensive Cancer Care
Emergency & Trauma Services
Senior ER Services
Women's and Family Services
Kudos: Good Samaritan Medical Center offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
Endoscopy Tech - GI Lab
PRN - As Needed
This position will provide overall administrative and technical assistance and support in the operation of the assigned nursing unit; and will collaborate with other staff and leaders in the development, management and operation of the unit.
- Provide telephone coverage for unit; answer calls promptly and courteously; receive and distribute messages accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provide administrative support to assigned unit; pick up and distribute daily mail; maintain bulletin boards; post memos/schedules/communications in established locations.
- Coordinate and monitor patient charge card and cart rotation system; communicate any recommended changes in inventory levels and/or problems as necessary.
- File materials as requested in patient charts (e.g. care plans, lab reports, etc.); thin charts according to established time frames and procedures.
- Maintain adequate supply of office supplies to ensure efficient, cost effective, systematic operation of department; order supplies as necessary, within established limitations, and according to established guidelines.
- Monitor elevators on floors; ensure no unauthorized/unescorted resident use occurs; notify supervisor for intervention as needed.
- Maintain work area in a neat and organized manner according to the approved nursing station organization chart.
Â· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- One year of related clerical experience, required
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of word processing and data entry systems, required
- Highly organized, detail oriented, required
- Strong customer service skills, required
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, preferred
- One year of related experience in a health care facility, preferred