| Unit Description|
Care Site Description
SCL Health is a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization headquartered in Broomfield with facilities located in Colorado, Kansas and Montana. SCL Health operates:
4 safety net clinics
1 children's mental health treatment center
190+ ambulatory service centers
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring healthâ??and hopeâ??to our patients.
Our ministry is dedicated to improving the health of the communities and individuals we serve, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
This position is responsible for collecting accurate patient demographic and insurance information to ensure proper claim processing.
- Coordinates patient encounter utilizing multiple system applications: various registration applications, clinical operating systems, eligibility verification systems, medical necessity applications, scanning repository
- Responsible for identification of copay and deductibles, communicating patient financial responsibility to patient prior to date of service, and collection of such patient responsibility prior to service.
- Coordinates self-pay patient flow to Financial Counselor or program eligibility vendor for identification of possible eligibility for public benefits, those in need of financial assistance or those capable of making payment at time of service or prior to service date.
- Reviews input and audits quality to assure accuracy in all aspects of the position, particularly patient type, financial class and insurance codes.
- Demonstrate complete understanding and ability to apply registration policies and procedures.
- Remains flexible in scheduling to meet department and organizational needs to accommodate the registration process.
- Responsible for meeting productivity and quality measures.
- All associates of SCL Health System are expected to meet the following in their day-to-day work:
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be available to work overtime if needed.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be respectful of all with whom you interact and act in a professional manner.
- Be well groomed and dressed appropriately for your role.
- Be in compliance with all SCL Health System policies.
- Be sufficiently rested to perform your duties throughout the period assigned.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn.
- Be able to communicate clearly, think clearly, and concentrate on assigned tasks.
- Be willing to perform other duties as assigned.
The information above is for summary purposes and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
| ||Minimum Required ||Preferred (Optional)|
|Education ||High School Diploma or Equivalent || |
| Additional Detail || || |
|Experience ||More than 1 year and less than 3 years || |
| Additional Detail ||In hospital medical office or insurance experience. || |
|Licensure, Certification |
| ||CHAA (Certified Health Access Associate)|
|Other: Knowledge, |
Skills and Abilities
|Effective interpersonal and communication skills, including written, verbal and email etiquette. |
Proven customer service/problem solving skills.
Proficient computer skills with MS Office products, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
Knowledge of HIPAA regulations
Other combinations of formal education, training and experience may be considered.