| Unit Description|
EEG experience or training strongly preferred, ABRET certification strongly preferred
Care Site Description
Good Samaritan Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health â?? and hope â?? to our patients.
Lafayette, CO (20 miles northwest of downtown Denver) (estab. 2004)
1,480 associates, 1,040 medical staff and 239 allied health practitioners
234 beds (192 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
Bone & Joint Institute
Cardiac & Vascular Services
Comprehensive Cancer Care
Emergency & Trauma Services
Senior ER Services
Women's and Family Services
Kudos: Good Samaritan Medical Center offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
This position works under moderate supervision to perform routine awake and sleep EEGs.
- Reads physician's electroencephalograph test requisition to determine which of a number of standards tests are to be performed; explains to patient the need for the examination and procedure involved in an effort to reduce or overcome possible anxiety or reluctance to cooperate.
- Determines locations to place electrodes on patient's head; marks locations on patient's head. Attaches electrodes to marked locations on patient's head; ensures that electrode leads are connected correctly; calibrates all electroencephalograph recording channels in accordance with standard procedure.
- Operates electroencephalograph equipment in accordance with training, experience, and standard procedure to produce tracings for analysis by a physician.
- Observes patient for undesired activity such as blinking of the eves or leg movement which may produce artifacts on the tracing and notates such activity on the tracing.
Â· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- EEG experience or education strongly preferred, ABRET certification preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, or obtain certification within one month of employment, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- Completion of specialized vocational training in electroencephalography or related medical training, preferred
- One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred