Codes all inpatient records and other types of encounters as requested using coding guidelines and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONSÂ
1. Codes and abstracts all outpatient surgery, emergency room and outpatient records using standard ICD-9-CM
Â Â Â and CPT coding guidelines
2. Meets productivity standards set by HIM .
3. Meets quality standards of having 95% of principal diagnosis and procedure correctly coded.
4. Performs retrospective reviews of ASC, Discharge Disposition and other types of records as requested.
5. Performs other duties assigned by Coding Supervisor and HIM Director.Â Â