A Clinical Training Specialist I facilitates the organization’s successful utilization of clinical technology. In collaboration with Physician Society, Best Practice teams and leadership throughout MemorialCare Health System, a CTS ensures IT efficiencies and functionalities are understood both with physicians in our hospitals and Ambulatory settings as well as staff in Ambulatory settings. This role supports our strategic Physicians as Partners initiative and is well respected throughout health care systems nationally.
Essential Job Outcomes & Functions
* Lead physician one-to one IT training effort in hospitals and to physicians and staff in Ambulatory setting
* Communicate effectively in a timely, proactive and professional manner
* Collaborate with multiple teams/vendors enterprise wide to ensure proper design of physician/staff workflows
* Ongoing learning and increased knowledge of Epic EHR and other clinical systems
* Mentor other teams on “at the elbow” support, customer service and outreach etiquette
* Provide support to Physicians in hospitals and all staff (MD, clinical back office, front office, billers) in Ambulatory settings via in-person assistance, phone calls, emails and remote desktop.
* Attend various enterprise meetings to represent Physician and AEMR users of technology
* Collaborate with enterprise leadership/vendors on clinical IT projects
* Communicate in a timely, professional and poised manner with clear follow up on outstanding issues
* Mentor and guide other teams on support etiquette and real life workflows/functionalities of clinical IT systems
* Advise physicians and staff of best practice and lean workflows
* Act as liaison between clinical system users and build teams in an effort to resolve issues and add enhancements to clinical systems
* Assist with minor build/testing of clinical IT systems & technology
* Assist with understanding and compliance of Regulatory requirements (Meaningful Use, PQRS, etc)
Minimum Requirements / Work Experience
* Minimum 2 years of experience in health care, customer service, and/or information services.
* Practice management experience or use of medical terminology is desirable.
* Must possess excellent organizational, presentational and listening/verbal skills.
* Must excel in fast-paced environment and be self-motivated.
* Must be available for limited travel and occasional evening/weekend hours.
* Should possess a propensity for technology.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office products required.
* Must be comfortable with daily local calls on private physician practices, working independently and as a team and meeting aggressive deadlines.
Education / Licensure / Certification
* Must have valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
* We require a high school diploma or GED certificate.
* College degree preferred or equivalent preferably in health care or information technology related area.