The Quality Improvement Analyst is responsible for monitoring and analyzing quality, performance, and risk data under the auspices of the Quality/Performance Improvement Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Processes quality referrals through MIDAS when assigned.
2. Conducts medical record reviews, completes software processing related to reviews as assigned by Director.
3. Reports on the status of survey compliance, survey readiness, participates in department meetings and hospital wide skills fairs, etc.
4. Collects, analyzes, and aggregates data relating to quality reviews and reports to appropriate committee as assigned by the Director.
5. Coordinates PI team Committees, and acts as a facilitator, as assigned by Director.
6. Oversees the completion, and submission of the Annual TJC PPR by working with unit/department managers.
7. Monitors TJC survey readiness activities, attends calls and webinars, and reports findings to the Director and PI teams.
8. Schedules, coordinates, monitors, and reports survey readiness tracers.
9. Assists with policy development/updates for survey readiness.
10. Gathers and reports OPPE/FPPE/Peer Review data to Quality Director timely.