This position is repsonsible for the effective operational management of the unit. This includes moniroting clinical effectiveness based on knowledge of best practice, and adheres regualtions set by regulatory agencies. Work interdepartmentally to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
1. Responsinle for management and operations within the Lab Service Line in collaboration with the Divisional Director of Lab Services.
2. Ability to demonstrate high collaboration with the Physician specialist and Hospital Based physicians that support the Laboratory / Pathology Services.
3. Repsonsible for the Lab computer system and will assure that CAP, AABB, CLIA, JCAHO, and OSHA guidelines are adhere to.
4. Coordinates all technical management aspects of work with / between Pathologist and Administration.
5. Manages the Lab / Pathology / Blood Bank employees.
6. Interacts with all Hospital departments, including Administration, to plan, implement, and coordinate activites involving patients, employees, and physicians; interacts with physicians to implement new tests and systems to improve existing departmental services.
Medical Technologist (ASCP)
Bachelor's of Science in Medical Technology
5-10 years as a medical Technologist
5 years supervisory experience
Business computer skills including Microsoft Office
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.