Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. That's why after more than a decade we remain dedicated to helping hospitals and hospital systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future. As one of the healthcare industry's leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized revenue cycle services.
Job Summary – The Patient Experience Concierge is responsible for greeting and navigating patients/guests in registration lobby. Provide assistance to patients checking in for services, and expedite patient flow. Navigate patient/guest flow in registration areas to ensure an overall positive customer experience.
Duties (included but not limited to):
· Welcome patient and family members in a professional manner. Contact the nursing staff for emergency medical needs and answer patient and visitor questions
· Model AIDET guidelines in all interactions with the patient and ensure staff are adhering to the patient experience expectations.
· Promotes and demonstrates excellent customer service
· Oversee the daily activities of the front desk and lobby areas including tidiness of the area
· Greet patients upon arrival, and navigate patient flow
· Assist with check in process; monitor patient registration tracker
· Perform lobby rounding to ensure patients are kept aware of their wait time expectations
· Perform lobby rounding to ensure lobby and waiting room area is clean, safe and comfortable for patients, family and visitors.
· Encourage and assist with patient enrollment in the Patient Portal
· Empowerment to make decisions on their own to help a customer; escalate appropriately
· Understands that our reputation is only as good as our customer's last experience; ensure it is the best.
· Consistently provide patient flow updates to PTAC leadership
· Assist in resolving real time patient concerns
· What customers think is true. Understand that they will hold on to this truth for negative experiences. Apologize and then try to come up with a satisfactory solution.
· Give the customer the opportunity to tell you what they think in many ways at different stages in the visit. Follow the Three Times Rule—if you hear something about your facility three times, whether you like it or not, pay serious attention. Take action.
· Assist incoming patients, his/her relatives, or other responsible individuals in any check in functions where they have questions regarding entering demographical information or insurance/financial information as
· Secure all signatures necessary for treatments, release of medical information, assignment of insurance benefits, and payment of services from legally responsible parties.
· Explain policies regarding services, charges, insurance billing, and payment of account. Request full or partial payment for services rendered according to collection policies.
· Coach other employees with customer service opportunities and escalate any concerns to Manager
Join our HealthONE family -- the largest healthcare system in the Denver metro area. Eight world-class hospitals. 40+ outpatient facilities. Countless opportunities.HealthONE is an equal opportunity employer.