The Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) exemplifies professional nursing practice through expert clinical practice, strong leadership skills, and management activities. The CNC provides clinical management to the department through coordination of patient care activities, procedures and flow of patients between various unites. The CNC delegates duties to staff members within their scope of practice, and acts as a resource for clinical or communication issues to other staff. This is a clinical position and patient assignments will be taken when necessary. This position requires budgetary commitment to the staffing matrix; involvement with staff performance appraisals; development of unit policy and procedures; and a commitment to uphold Sky Ridge Standards of Behavior. The CNC functions in the Chair of Command, continuing the chain upward when situation cannot be resolved at CNC level. The CNC facilities growth and development, empowerment of personnel by functioning as a leader, resource person, and counselor.
Sky Ridge Medical Center (HealthONE – HCA) offers the latest in medical technology in a soothing, healing environment. Combine that with world class services and the area's top healthcare professionals and you'll understand why Sky Ridge has become a model of care for the rest of the country. Hospital of Choice for Thousands The people of Douglas County were eager for the opening of Sky Ridge Medical Center. Some, however, were a bit more eager. As Douglas County's first hospital, the doors officially opened for the first time at 7 a.m. August 20, 2003, and the first baby born at Sky Ridge greeted the world 52 minutes later. With a reach that covers Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree, Parker, Castle Rock and Littleton, as well as Douglas and southern Arapahoe counties, Sky Ridge has become the hospital of choice for thousands. As a new facility, we have the latest technologies and equipment available: Cardiac services includes two interventional catheterization labs. The Cancer Center offers chemotherapy plus radiation therapy via a highly precise, 3 D radiation system. Orthopedic services include care for spine, joints and sports injuries. Women's and children's services at Sky Ridge are extensive. Because this is an area with lots of families, Sky Ridge is ready. Board certified pediatricians on staff 24 hours a day. And, our Level III trauma center, with around the clock emergency care and orthopedic surgeons available 24/7, is ready to meet the demands of the community. Room for Growth As part of Douglas County, one of the fastest growing counties in the nation, Sky Ridge was built with growth in mind. When the time comes, the hospital can be built out to 335 beds.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Provided safe and appropriate patient care within the standards of nursing practice at Sky Ridge Medical Center. Display appropriate judgment and problem solving skills. Communicate positively and professionally with all internal and external customers. Demonstrates known leadership skills, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities, and a positive attitude.
People Leadership: Leads, coaches, develops, and recognizes staff to maximize performance and growth.
1. Supervises personnel providing direct patient care, with delegation of activities based on patient care needs and competencies of available patient care staff.
2. Provides direct and ongoing supervision of staff with regard to conflict resolution and personnel policy compliance, including input and/or completion of performance evaluations and disciplinary actions.
3. Assumes responsibility for resolving and/or channeling employee grievances according to appropriate procedures.
4. Teaches, supervises and serves as a resource for staff, assists with clinical procedures as needed.
5. Assesses need for and assists in implementation of staff development programs to enhance professional growth of personnel.
6. Facilitates ongoing performance improvement activities which correlate to the Hospital wide Performance Improvement Program with involvement of all levels of staff on designated shift as appropriate.
7. Formulates staff schedule along with the Clinical Coordinator/Director.
8. Makes assignments for the present or following shift to provide for smooth transition and ensures appropriate assignments throughout shift to cover changing patient needs and staff availability due to absences, breaks, etc.
9. Self assigns patients and functions as necessary based on patient needs and available resources on unit.
10. Communicates directly with the director/manager on unit and staff performance issues needing attention.
11. Maintains effective utilization and maintenance of manpower, equipment, and supplies.
Join our HealthONE family -- the largest healthcare system in the Denver metro area. Eight world-class hospitals. 40+ outpatient facilities. Countless opportunities.HealthONE is an equal opportunity employer.