South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers (STRIC) provides full service, outpatient diagnostic imaging and interventional radiology services in San Antonio, Texas. Professional interpretation and interventional procedures are provided by South Texas Radiology Group, P.A. (STRG). With over 60 Board Certified Radiologists, some with sub specialization in fields such as neuroradiology, musculoskeletal, body, cardiac, breast and interventional radiology, STRG has experience and a reputation that spans more than fifty years.
Our highly qualified and experienced registered technologists perform medically responsible imaging exams using some of the latest imaging technology available. With twenty one facilities conveniently located throughout San Antonio, Boerne, and Schertz, South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers is one of the largest outpatient diagnostic imaging providers in San Antonio. For more information, please visit our website at www.stric.com.
This position floats to five STRIC locations: Northwest Imaging Center, Orthopedic Imaging Center, Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital, Hardy Oak Imaging Center, and the Northeast Imaging Center.
The RNs work 8 hour shifts that fall Monday Friday. No weekends, no call, and no holidays are required.
General Statement of Duties:
Responsible to provide continuous quality nursing care to patients, age infant to geriatric, through the nursing process of assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating. Will perform all aspects of the nursing process, a large percentage of his/her time is spent on monitoring patients who receive sedation/analgesia and/or are undergoing invasive procedures. Must effectively maintain the standard of practice, supplies and equipments and promotes communication and collaboration with physicians, radiology staff and other members of the healthcare team.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provides care to patients using the nursing process as a guide for actions, assesses and formulates an appropriate plan that addresses: educational needs, discharge planning, age specific needs, bio psycho social needs and patient/family preference.
2. Administers and monitors patients undergoing sedation/analgesia per physician order and hospital protocol. Monitors patients undergoing invasive procedures in the Radiology department(s).
3. Demonstrates knowledge and competency of patient care requirements specific to the Radiology department(s) including the safe and correct transporting and positioning of patients, use of and possible reactions to contrast media and radiation safety procedures.
4. Maintains specialized knowledge and competence required to ensure personal safety as well as the safety of patients and others in the Radiology environment. Incorporates National Safety Goals to all areas of Nursing Practice.
5. Employs effective clinical leadership skills. Plans, organizes and delegates work to other personnel based on knowledge of patients needs and the skills and competencies of the personnel. Provides nursing support to technologists in all Radiology modalities as needed including assisting patients experiencing unanticipated allergic reactions.
6. Interacts and communicates effectively with all members of the health care team. Must be able to complete assignments independently and to work as part of a team; to take instructions from supervisors; to exercise problem solving skills; and to interact with co workers, supervisors, patients, and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
We offer you a generous benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off
Employee Discount Program
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Student Loan Repayment
Minimum Education and Experience:
1. Graduate of an accredited program of nursing education associate degree, diploma or baccalaureate program.
2. Must maintain BLS Instructor Certification in order to train STRIC employees BLS/CPR.
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
1. Current license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas.
2. Current CPR certification and ACLS certification.
Join our HealthONE family -- the largest healthcare system in the Denver metro area. Eight world-class hospitals. 40+ outpatient facilities. Countless opportunities.HealthONE is an equal opportunity employer.