Assists in the delivery of primary health care and patient care management.
Customer Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Decision Quality -- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Collaborates -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Nimble Learning -- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness -- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Goals -- Completes quarterly goals
Delivering the Mission -- Performs duties as defined in this job description and demonstrates mastery of role.
1. Performs selected clinical and administrative duties.
2. Prepares patients for examination and treatment.
3. Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments. Utilizes knowledge of sterile technique and infection control procedures requires to clean and disinfect rooms and equipment, sterilizes instruments as needed.
4. Prepares and maintains inventory supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
5. Assists provider in preparing for minor surgeries, physicals.
6. Assists with scheduling of tests, treatments and referrals.
7. Screens telephone calls for referral to nurse or provider or referral specialist as indicated.
8. May order and maintain clinical and office supplies and equipment.
9. Maintains patient files, record and other information in a professional manner following policy and procedures regarding documentation.
10. Complies and condenses technical and statistical data for reports and records.
11. Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
12. Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
13. Follows the CHRISTUS Provider Network guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
14. Maintains strict confidentiality.
15. Uses oral and written communication skills to effectively convey ideas in a clear, positive manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission.
16. Maintains established CHRISTUS Provider Network policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
17. Implements job responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS
Mission and Code of Ethics and supportive of CHRISTUS Provider Network's cultural diversity objectives.
18. Supports and adheres to CPN Service Guarantee.
19. Performs other related work as required.
Must be able to prioritize workflow on a daily basis. Must be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken form with individuals of various education levels including physicians.
Knowledge of ICD9, CPT and HCPCS coding and managed care
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.