Reston Hospital Center offers a full range of medical services, including 24 hour emergency care. Our 187 bed hospital specializes in maternal/child health, surgical services on both an inpatient and extensive outpatient basis, urological services including lithotripsy, cancer care with state of the art radiation therapy, rehabilitation therapy programs and a wide array of diagnostic imaging capabilities. Reston Hospital Center is a certified Stroke Center, certified Total Joint Center and the only accredited Chest Pain Center in Northern Virginia. Reston Hospital is the only Hospital in Northern Virginia to receive Joint Commission designation as a Top Performer on Key Quality measures for 3 consecutive years. Reston Hospital Center was recognized in 2011, 2012 and now 2013 for its performance on accountability measure data for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care. A caring organization, Reston Hospital Center is dedicated to enhancing the health and quality of life in our community
The Nursing Technician performs a wide variety of functions.
· Assists the registered nurse and physician in data collection to enhance patient care; performs diagnostic & therapeutic procedures and completes patient care tasks.
· Responsible for the clerical and communication functions necessary for the general management and organization of the Department.
· The individual must demonstrate: knowledge of the principals of human growth and development over the life span.
· Transports patients, equipment, and specimens safely.
· Responsible for maintaining a stocked, clean, hazard free environment.
· Complies with all policies, procedures, and standards of the Department and Institution.
Licensure : CPR certification required.
· Previous experience in a healthcare facility preferred.
· Must be able to communicate clearly and possess good communication skills.
· Ability to maintain a mature, professional, caring manner and demonstrate sound judgment when interacting with patients, physicians, hospital personnel and the public.
Join our HealthONE family -- the largest healthcare system in the Denver metro area. Eight world-class hospitals. 40+ outpatient facilities. Countless opportunities.HealthONE is an equal opportunity employer.