Las Palmas Medical Center is a Level III Trauma, 186 private patient room, full service acute care hospital. Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive healthcare and provides leading edge technologies. Our Lifecare Center offers inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation programs, as well as our fully equipped fitness and wellness center in one convenient location. We also house the region's only Kidney Transplant Center.
We are located on the Westside of El Paso, Texas close to the University of Texas El Paso campus. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
Under supervision of the Laboratory Manager, the Core Laboratory Supervisor is responsible for the twenty four hour operation of the Core laboratory. He/she will assist the Laboratory Manager in planning, organizing and delineating duties and responsibilities of laboratory personnel in cooperation with the Medical Director of the Laboratory. The Laboratory Supervisor will, when necessary, represent and coordinate activities of the laboratory in outside areas and with other individuals upon absence of the Laboratory Manager. He/she coordinates management and clinical functions to assure reliable test results that will contribute to the prevention, diagnosis, prognosis and treatment of physiological and pathological conditions.
Clinical Laboratory services performed on patients from Neonate to Geriatric ages.
1. Ensures daily efficient operation of the Core Lab (Chemistry and Hematology) sections of the clinical laboratory, utilizing professional knowledge and administrative guidelines.
2. Develops, implements, and enforces the Laboratory infection control and safety program.
3. Maintains the Core lab quality assurance and quality control program to meet laboratory accrediting standards.
4. Demonstrates organizational ability with time and personnel.
5. Maintains accrediting agency standards.
6. Maintains a consolidated management and operational platform for the Core Laboratory.
7. Other duties as assigned.
1. Individual Leadership : Demonstrates confidence in own skills, knowledge and ability and opportunities for personal growth and ability to accept and adapt change.
2. Customer Service : Demonstrates customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
3. Transcultural Sensitivity : Treats patients/customers as individuals with unique values, beliefs, and practices.
4. Risk Management/Patient/Customer Safety : Demonstrates patient/customer safety according to policies and procedures.
Join our HealthONE family -- the largest healthcare system in the Denver metro area. Eight world-class hospitals. 40+ outpatient facilities. Countless opportunities.HealthONE is an equal opportunity employer.