HCA has been recognized as a World's Most Admired Company in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by Fortune Magazine . The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130+ surgery centers across the United States. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team!
We value you and your future. We provide multiple health insurance plan options, tuition reimbursement, and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today's life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately, you are encouraged to apply today!
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Regional Manager of Business Operations reports to the Regional Business Office Director (BOD). The position is responsible for, but not limited to, assisting the Regional BOD and covering operations during the BOD's absence. This position will assist in analyzing business office operations to help determine viable solutions to operational as well as Managed Care issues. The position will work closely with the Regional BOD in evaluating current business office processes and indicators to ensure compliance with Best Practices and established ASD policies/procedures. The position will also be responsible for providing training for business office management and staff as needed on current A/R software and business office procedures.
Job Functions and duties include but are not limited to:
Assists with all aspects of training and mentoring of BOMS and center personnel.
· Identifies and mentors talented individuals within the facilities aspiring to become BOMs.
· Assists as needed with any general responsibility/operational needs of the center.
· Acts as a resource for center BOMS.
· Assists with end of month closing, weekly projections, monthly operating review, as necessary .
Management responsibility for the following Managed Care Processes:
· Responsible for loading all new Managed Care contracts and updates
· Responsible for communication of minor contract changes that will be completed by the BOM's at center level.
· Maintains hard copies of all insurance contracts.
· Maintains Carrier, Contract and Insurance Type User Tables in the system.
· Responsible for maintaining and updating Managed Care Grids and Implementation Profiles.
· Responsible for taking minutes of quarterly Managed Care Meetings.
· Assists with claims resolution or contract issues presented by the centers.
· Develops and maintains a current list of contacts / phone numbers of key personnel from insurance payers to facilitate claims resolution through coordination with the VP's of Managed Care.
Performs limited business office assessments to determine strengths and weaknesses of centers with business office issues, such as high bad debt, billing issues or high AR days.
· Recommends immediate changes in processes and training needs to address Best Practice deficiencies after consultation with the Regional BOD.
· Reviews and prepares the Billing Integrity and Managed Care portions of the Business Office Review.
· Creates interim action plans to address noted deficiencies and training needs.
· Reviews action plans, training needs and proposed changes with Center Administrator, Regional BOD, CFO and VPO.
· Completes on site implementation of the corrective action plans, training needs and continued monitoring of progress.
Assists Regional BOD and BOMs in development of educational/training for business office personnel.
· AR system training.
· GL/AP training.
· Billing/Coding training.
· Collection/Billing Workshops.
· Scheduling, insurance verification and registration based on Best Practices.
· Prepares regional and market presentations as required.
Assists Regional BOD with conversions of business office operations for new acquisitions and development centers.
· Reviews current business office practices.
· Assists with training and education of staff.
· Provides on site guidance during the conversions of systems and processes as directed by the BOD.
Assists VPO, CFO and Regional BOD with any special projects.
· Completes other duties assigned by CFO, BOD and VPO.
Standards: Meets and/or exceeds all established ASD policies/standards and Best Practices.
Core Job Functions/duties:
Maintains a professional image through proper attire, appropriate verbal and written communication.
Refers conflicts and procedural questions to the Regional BOD as they arise.
Maintains knowledge of and complies with established ASD policies, Best Practices and procedures.
Displays and maintains the highest standards of customer service to ensure patients/customers are taken care of in the most expedient and friendly manner.
Assists in care and upkeep of department equipment and supplies.
Maintains work area in a neat and orderly manner.
Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
Supports the goals of the Corporate/Regional Office and presents a positive image of the department in all situations.
Understands/follows HIPAA and security policies/procedures.
Actively participates in the Ethics and Compliance Program related the position.
Accepts/performs any/all assignment of other duties as requested by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Ability to multi task and handle a high volume of work.
Proficient in Microsoft office (WORD, EXCEL, ACCESS) and Advantx software systems.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Knowledge of commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare and other managed care payers.
Knowledge of medical terminology desired
Knowledge CPT 9 coding and key medical billing concepts.
Ability to maintain confidentiality based on HIPAA/Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
Ability to recognize, analyze and solve problems.
Ability to work well in a team environment and/or under supervision.
Bachelor's degree in Business or Healthcare Administration or related field desired; extensive relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Minimum three to five years in a business office setting in an ambulatory surgery center, or hospital business office environment in supervisory position.
Join our HealthONE family -- the largest healthcare system in the Denver metro area. Eight world-class hospitals. 40+ outpatient facilities. Countless opportunities.HealthONE is an equal opportunity employer.