YOUR ROLE: In your pivotal role as Associate Program Manager, you will assist in planning, coordinating and executing programs with some guidance.
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience)
> 1 year of relevant experience
You will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing educational and non-educational events for the Office for Continuous Professional Development (CPD), which includes the Academy for Excellence in Education (AEE) and the Educator Development Program (EDP). This position is also responsible for providing administrative assistance to the Vice President, CPD, and Director, CME, and for providing general clerical support for CPD, AEE, and EDP.
Responsibilities: Office for Continuous Professional Development
Manage the calendar and travel for Vice President, CPD
· Support meeting scheduling and travel planning for others in CPD
· Answer CPD main line, provide information to callers or connect callers to appropriate people
· Coordinate special events, including but not limited to visits by job candidates
Responsibilities: Academy for Excellence in Education
· Plan and implement Office for Health Sciences Education Grand Rounds (held 9x per year)
· Manage annual membership application and awards nomination processes
· Plan and implement quarterly membership meetings
· Plan and implement Annual Academy Dinner
Responsibilities: Educator Development Program
· Plan and implement workshops and larger educational events
· Create program materials, including but not limited to online CME-session creation
· Provide administrative support for the EDP office, including but not limited to scheduling meetings, responding to written and verbal requests, distributing a monthly e-newsletter, and creating an annual report
Other responsibilities will include duties as assigned. This position reports to the Assistant Director for Continuous Professional Development.
TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES: PROGRAM MANAGEMENT: Planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives. PEER LEADERSHIP: The ability to show leadership and influence people of equal rank in an effort to accomplish team goals. FINANCIAL PROCESSES: Ability to monitor costs, expenses and revenue as well as the ability to manage those costs and expenses in relation to budgeted amounts. QUALITY MANAGEMENT : Developing a systematic process of checking to see whether a process or service is meeting specific requirements. NETWORKING: Build relationships through industry contacts, professional organizations and individuals. PROCESS IMPROVEMENT: Identifies, analyzes and improves upon existing business processes for optimization and to meet standards of quality.
Vanderbilt University School of Medicine and Vanderbilt University Medical Center recognize a major commitment to the continuous professional development of Vanderbilt and community physicians and others in the health professions. At Vanderbilt, continuing education is considered an important part of the continuum of medical education and continuing professional development. For more information, please visit https://cme.mc.vanderbilt.edu/content/about-us
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
· Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
· Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
· The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
· National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
· Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
· Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
· American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.